HUMAN EVENTS Talks To Almost-Rep.-Elect Joe Walsh (R.-Ill.)
- Walsh vs. Bean. // Human Events;4/19/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 14, p3
The article offers information on Illinois' congressional seat election for the 8th district and the race between Republican Joe Walsh and Democrat Representative Melissa Bean.
- Inside Washington: November 20, 2010. Sasso, Brendan; Hopkins, Christopher Snow // National Journal;11/20/2010, p2
The article comments on several political issues in the U.S. Investment banker Joe Walsh has forced Democratic Representative Melissa Bean to concede defeat in Illinois. Former president George W. Bush has joined forces with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) to promote his...
- New Democrat Coalition Loses Big in Midterms. Jones, Sebastian // Pro Publica;10/31/2010, p11
The article discusses the performance of the Democrat candidates in the 2010 elections in the U.S. It is mentioned that most New Democrats performed poorly in the elections with 20 Democrats facing defeat. Also, Democrat Melissa Bean has been trailed by a Tea Party-backed candidate while another...
- Crane vs. Bean. // Human Events;8/9/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 27, p26
Profiles U.S. Republican Phil Crane. Political background; Details of the political race between Crane and Democratic Melissa Bean; Characteristics of Crane that can give him a chance to win the race.
- Pragmatic Dogmatics. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/27/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p17
Discusses the defeat of veteran Representative Phil Crane (R-Ill.) by Democrat Melissa Bean in the U.S. Congressional elections in 2004. Political career; Performance of Crane in the U.S. Congress.
- Springing into the Primary Season. Cross, Karen A. // National Right to Life News;Apr2006, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the primary elections and filing deadlines in the U.S. as of the Spring season of 2006. A critical election took place in Texas between pro-life Congressman Henry Cuellar and former pro-abortion Congressman Ciro Rodriguez. Cuellar won with 53% of the vote. In the Sixth...
- ENGAGEMENTS, WEDDINGS, BIRTHS AND BIRTHDAYS. // Hill;1/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p43
The article presents various engagements, weddings, births and birthdays in the U.S., including the welcome for Representative Brad Sherman's new born daughter, and the birthdays of Representative Melissa Bean and Senator Tom Carper.
- Crain's blogs: GREG HINZ. HINZ, GREG // Crain's Chicago Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p4
A blog related to Melissa Bean, Congresswoman from the U.S. is presented.
- Key Political Races of the Week. GIZZI, JOHN // Human Events;4/16/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p21
The article presents key political races across the U.S. in 2012. Illinois Representative Joe Walsh will run against liberal Democrat Tammy Duckworth in the 8th District. Republican Representative Jim Renacci and Democratic Representative Betty Sutton are competing in the 16th District of Ohio....