The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a participative community singing programme as a health promotion initiative for older people: protocol for a randomised controlled trial
- Health promotion intervention in mental health care: design and baseline findings of a cluster preference randomized controlled trial. // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p431
The article discusses a study which examines the health promotion and intervention programs that consider the benefits of physical activity and healthy eating in individuals with mental disorders in sheltered housing. It details the design of the study through a cluster preference randomized...
- The high cost of health. Downey, Angela M.; Kudar, Randolph P. // CMA Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p12
Proposes proactive programs to enable Canadian employers to reduce the high cost of employees' wellness programs. Shift in the burden of health care provision from the government to the employer; Smoke cessation, exercise, stress management, and health assessment as examples of proactive programs.
- Lifestyle intervention: from cost savings to value for money. Rappange, David R.; Brouwer, Werner B. F.; Rutten, Frans F.H.; van Baal, Pieter H. M. // Journal of Public Health;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p440
Prevention of unhealthy lifestyles has sometimes been promoted as simultaneously reducing costs and improving public health but this will unlikely prove to be true. Additional medical costs in life years gained due to treatment of unrelated diseases may offset possible savings in related...
- Mental health promotion in schools. Weisen, Rhona Birrell; Orley, John // World Health;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p29
States that mental health should be associated with strength of mind and vitality in the way that individuals interact with others. Advantage of life skills educations in schools; Ways on how the schools can become mental health-promoting and `child friendly'; Possible effect if all the schools...
- Mental health pacts test hospitals' mettle. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;2/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p47
Discusses capitated Medicaid mental health contracts. Medicaid as becoming an increasingly larger revenue stream for hospital systems; Mustard Seed's Medicaid contract; Non-stop growth of Medicaid health maintenance organizations; Search for consultants to help officials in Connecticut design a...
- Perinatal Mental Health week. // Midwifery News;Sep2014, Issue 74, p40
The article offers information on the New Zealand Perinatal Mental Health Awareness Week to be held on November 1-9, 2014.
- Northern Ireland gets new training centre for health and wellbeing. // Mental Health Practice;Mar2011, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
The article announces the opening of a multidisciplinary training and education center by the University of Ulster to promote excellence in mental health and wellbeing.
- EVENTS. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p27
A 2011 calendar of events related to nursing in Australia is presented which includes the fourth Indigenous Mental Health conference titled Our Mob, Our Minds, Our Spirit, the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies National Indigenous Studies Conference and a...
- THE YIN AND YANG OF COMMUNITIES. Brown, Julie // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2010, Issue 335, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Social connections" in the July 2010 issue.