Associations of education with 30 year life course blood pressure trajectories: Framingham Offspring Study
- Socioeconomic Indicators and Mortality from Coronary Heart Disease and Cancer: A 22-Year Follow-Up of Middle-Aged Men. Bucher, Heiner C.; Ragland, David R. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep95, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p1231
Objectives. Data from the Western Collaborative Group Study were used to determine the extent which the inverse association between socioeconomic status (SES) and mortality can be explained by risk factors for major causes of mortality. Methods. The relation of education and income to subsequent...
- An association between smoking habits and blood pressure in normotensive Japanese men. Okubo, Y.; Miyamoto, T.; Swazono, Y.; Kobayashi, E.; Nogawa, K. // Journal of Human Hypertension;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p91
Studies the dose-effect relationship of smoking habits with blood pressure in normotensive men in Japan. Blood pressure measurement; Analysis of covariance; Lifestyle, blood test and physical measurement.
- Smoking and blood pressure in 15 year olds in Dunedin, New Zealand. Saint George, Ian M.; Williams, Sheila; Stanton, Warren R.; Silva, Phil A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/12/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6768, p89
Examines the effects of cigarette smoking on blood pressure among young adults in Dunedin, New Zealand. Measures of smoking, cardiovascular fitness, exercise tolerance and body size; Reduction of sympathetic activity.
- ASK DR. ZIPES. Zipes, Douglas // Saturday Evening Post;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p68
The article presents answers to several health questions including those related to the value of fruits in vegetables in lowering blood pressure, the use of stents to treat blocked arteries, and persuading a 50-year-old son to stop smoking
- Strategies for controlling blood pressure. C.A.T. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p1206
Discusses strategies to control blood pressure. Patient management; Pharmacist or nurse-managed clinics; Physician report cards; Academic detailing.
- The relationship between cigarette smoking and obesity. Gümüş, Aziz; Kayhan, Servet; Cinarka, Halit; Baydur, Serap; Gıakoup, Derya; Şahin, Ünal // Journal of Experimental & Clinical Medicine;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p311
The cigarette smoking and the obesity are the main reasons of mortality and the morbidity. There are limited studies detecting the relationship between smoking and obesity. However the reported results are contradictory. The aim of the study is to investigate the effects of smoking on body mass...
- THE COMPARATIVE EFFECTS ON CIRCULATION OF SMOKING TOBACCO AND LETTUCE LEAF CIGARETTES. Furey, Sandy A.; Schaanning, Jan; Spoont, Stanley; Birkhead, Newton C. // Angiology;Apr1967, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p218
A comparison of the changes in pulse rate, blood pressure, and skin temperatures during and after smoking of two tobacco cigarettes and two lettuce leaf cigarettes was carried out in 10 healthy subjects. The average maximal increases in pulse rate and systolic and diastolic blood pressures were...
- Association of blood lead to blood pressure in men aged 55 to 75 years: effect of selected social and biochemical confounders Menotti, Alessandro; Menditto, Antonio; Spagnolo, Amedeo; Moris, Gino // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;1994 Supplement 9, Vol. 102, p107
No abstract available.
- The impact of third-generation Beta-blocker antihypertensive treatment on endothelial function and the prothrombotic state: Effects of smoking Vyssoulis, Gregory P.; Marinakis, Andreas G.; Aznaouridis, Konstantinos A.; Karpanou, Eva A.; Arapogianni, Athina N.; Cokkinos, Dennis V.; Stefanadis, Christodoulos I. // American Journal of Hypertension;Jul2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p582
Background: The significance of Î²-blockers in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases is well established. The effect of vasodilating Î²-blockers on endothelial function and prothrombotic state has not been investigated.Methods: The study comprised 550 consecutive patients with...