Association between Frequency Domain Heart Rate Variability and Unplanned Readmission to Hospital in Geriatric Patients
- British Geriatrics Society. // Age & Ageing;Sep95 Supplement 2, Vol. 24, pP18
Presents an abstract of the study `Improved heart rate control and effort tolerance using xamoterol in atrial fibrillation,' by P.J. Lawson-Matthew, K.A. Mclean, M. Dent, C.A. Austin and K.S. Channer, presented during the spring meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 6 to 8, 1995.
- The effects of cognitive intervention on reduction of pain intensity, changes in the heart rate and blood oxygen saturation level. Farrokhnia, M.; Fathabadi, J.; Shahidi, Sh. // Journal of Jahrom University of Medical Sciences;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, preceding p34
Introduction: This research was conducted to determine the effectiveness of cognitive intervention on the reported-pain intensity and changes in heart rate and blood oxygen saturation level of children with cancer under the LP/IT. Another goal is the study of the relationship between pain and...
- What happens when vacuum extraction fails? Melamed, Nir; Yogev, Yariv; Stainmetz, Shirley; Ben-Haroush, Avi // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Aug2009, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p243
To compare maternal and neonatal outcomes of forceps delivery or cesarean section (CS) following failed vacuum extraction. A retrospective cohort study of all women who underwent forceps delivery and/or CS after failed vacuum extraction in 1993â€“2006 was conducted. Cases were identified by...
- QUIZ. // Geriatrics;Dec1991, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p14
This article presents a quiz and its answers on geriatrics, that appeared in the December 01, 1991 issue of the periodical "Geriatrics."
- The Emergence of Geriatric Assessment Units. Epstein, Arnold M.; Hall, Judith A.; Besdine, Richard; Cumella Jr., Edward; Feldstein, Michael; McNeil, Barbara J.; Rowe, John W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb87, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p299
Provides information on a study which examined the operation and the proliferation of geriatric assessment units. Background on geriatric assessment units; Identification and evaluation of geriatric assessment units; Findings and its implications.
- British Geriatrics Society. // Age & Ageing;Sep95 Supplement 2, Vol. 24, pP25
Presents an abstract of the study `The institutionalised diabetic diseased, disabled, and disadvantaged,' by A.J. Sinclair, I. Allard and A.J. Bayer, presented during the spring meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 6 to 8, 1995. Estimates of the prevalence of known diabetes of...
- Massage Therapy Enhances Healing after Heart Surgery. Cutshall, Susanne M.; Engen, Deborah; Wentworth, Laura L.; Kelly, Ryan F.; Phillips, Brent R.; Sundt, Thoralf M.; Bauer, Brent A. // Massage Australia;Nov2007, Issue 58, p4
The article discusses the benefits offered by massage therapy to patients recovering from heart surgery. Massage has shown evidence of increasing parasympathetic activity in the body that results in: reduced heart rate and blood pressure, slowed respirations and release of relaxation and pain...
- Dronedarone in High-Risk Permanent Atrial Fibrillation. Connolly, Stuart J.; Camm, A. John; Halperin, Jonathan L.; Joyner, Campbell; Alings, Marco; Amerena, John; Atar, Dan; Avezum, �lvaro; Blomstr�m, Per; Borggrefe, Martin; Budaj, Andrzej; Chen, Shih-Ann; Ching, Chi Keong; Commerford, Patrick; Dans, Antonio; Davy, Jean-Marc; Delacr�taz, Etienne; Di Pasquale, Giuseppe; Diaz, Rafael; Dorian, Paul // New England Journal of Medicine;12/15/2011, Vol. 365 Issue 24, p2268
Background: Dronedarone restores sinus rhythm and reduces hospitalization or death in intermittent atrial fibrillation. It also lowers heart rate and blood pressure and has antiadrenergic and potential ventricular antiarrhythmic effects. We hypothesized that dronedarone would reduce major...
- Resting heart rate and incident heart failure and cardiovascular mortality in older adults: role of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction: the PROSPER study. Nanchen, David; Stott, David J.; Gussekloo, Jacobijn; Mooijaart, Simon P.; Westendorp, Rudi G.J.; Jukema, J. Wouter; Macfarlane, Peter W.; Cornuz, Jacques; Rodondi, Nicolas; Buckley, Brendan M.; Ford, Ian; Sattar, Naveed; de Craen, Anton J.M. // European Journal of Heart Failure;May2013, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p581
Aims Resting heart rate is a promising modifiable cardiovascular risk marker in older adults, but the mechanisms linking heart rate to cardiovascular disease are not fully understood. We aimed to assess the association between resting heart rate and incident heart failure (HF) and cardiovascular...