The development of a network for community-based obesity prevention: the CO-OPS Collaboration
- Evidence-based assessment of key points for decision-makers: obesity. // European Health Report 2005;2005, p36
The article highlights the evidence-based assessment of key points for decision-makers in obesity-related problems. According to the author, the risks related to obesity can be reduced through weight reduction. Moreover, the risks associated with obesity, even if weight reduction is not...
- HHS Tackles Obesity. // FDA Consumer;May/Jun2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the initiative of the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) to fight obesity. Medical conditions related to obesity; Total economic cost of obesity in the U.S.; Major themes of the plan for obesity research of the National Institutes of Health; Approaches recommended by the Food and...
- CRASH COURSE INâ€¦: TACKLING OBESITY AT WORK. // Management Today;Dec2006, p18
The article focuses on obesity in work place and methods to tackle it. Educate the employees about why bodyweight management is important. Clive Pinder, MD of health and well-being company VieLife, says that people's energy, vitality and performance are factors affecting productivity. Make a...
- 'Weight loss gut bacterium' found. // Africa Health;May2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that according to a research published in the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences," bacteria that live in gut can reverse obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Weight management. Lean, M. E. J. // Caribbean Health;Jul1999, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses weight management. Obesity is associated with a range of clinical problems. It is claimed obesity is a disease which is costing a taxpayer almost the same amount as diabetes, epilepsy and major cancers. Genetic contribution to fat distribution is more like even greater than...
- Health rankings show obesity levels off, Hawaii is healthiest. Currie, Donya // Nation's Health;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the decline in number of obesity cases in the U.S. in 2013 based on the America's Health Rankings released by the American Public Health Association (APHA), United Health Foundation and the Partnership for Prevention, with Hawaii as the healthiest among states.
- NICE Public Health Guidance: Weight management for children and young people. Linden, Belinda // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p165
The article discusses the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Public Health Guidance (PH47) issued in October 2013 which makes recommendations on lifestyle weight management services for overweight and obese children and young people aged under 18 in Great Britain. They include the...
- One step at a time. Mitchell, Lora; Atkinson, Krishna // Heart & Soul;Mar/Apr98, Issue 26, p46
Recounts the author's success story in dealing with her weight problem. Comments received by the author regarding her overweight look; How she deals with her problem.
- CALL FOR TRAINING TO FIGHT OBESITY. // Nursing Standard;6/4/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p10
Small amounts of weight loss maintained over a lifetime can have long-term health benefits.