Reusable design: A proposed approach to Public Health Informatics system design
- Canadian confidence in health system falters. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;6/18/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p7
Examines the health care system in the United States. Health spending; National dialogue related to the Romanov Report on its health care system's condition and its future shape; Public health system; Restructuring of the hospital systems.
- Blueprint for future of public hospitals. Powell, Ian // New Zealand Doctor;8/10/2011, p56
The article presents a blueprint for the future of public hospitals in New Zealand. According to the author, New Zealand has the second highest emigration of doctors in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The author argues that achieving a sustainable future state...
- DHBs wearing rose tinted specs? Yeats, Jodi // New Zealand Doctor;9/12/2007, p8
This article reports on the results of two surveys which suggest that District Health Boards (DBHs) are generally more positive about their relationships with Primary Health Organizations (PHOs) that vice versa. A survey by the DHBNZ found that DHBs rate themselves as moderately involved with...
- SZCZEGÃ“LNE UWARUNKOWANIA DZIAÅALNOÅšCI PUBLICZNYCH PODMIOTÃ“W LECZNICZYCH W ÅšWIETLE NOWEJ USTAWY O DZIAÅALNOÅšCI LECZNICZEJ. Szewieczek, Aleksandra // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2013, Issue 319, p130
The paper presents selected aspects of the medical public entities functioning with the introduction of the new act of health care activity. Among particularly significant empirical problems of application of the rules of the new law, also from the perspective of the functioning of teaching...
- 'Social Service Enterprises': A New Health Care Model. Teague, Doran // Social Work;Jul71, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p66
Any new model for the delivery of social services within a health care system threatens the status of hospital social workers who hold positions of power and influence acquired over many years of bureaucratic struggle. However, this article contends that the present system is outmoded and that...
- The cost of the district hospital: a case study in Malawi. Mills, A. J.; Kapalamula, J.; Chisimbi, S. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1993, Vol. 71 Issue 3/4, p329
Described is an analysis of the cost to the Ministry of Health of providing district health services in Malawi, with particular emphasis on the district hospital. District resource allocation patterns were assessed by carefully disaggregating district costs by level of care and hospital...
- Health care as a risk factor. Davis, Peter // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/25/2004, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p1688
Discusses research being done on adverse events (AE) in hospital care. Reference to a study by G.R. Baker et al., published in the May 25, 2004 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal"; Overall AE rate researched; Discussion on treatment injury as a public health issue.
- COMPUTERIZED INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR SOCIAL WORKERS IN HEALTH CARE. Mutschler, Elizabeth // Health & Social Work;Aug1990, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p191
This article describes the development of a prototype information system that supports the tasks of health care social workers in ambulatory care. Social workers' expertise as part of the multidisciplinary health care team has traditionally focused on prevention, continuity of patient care,...
- Part 1: Some key developments in Swedish public health research1 1940â€“2000. Diderichsen, Finn; Westrin, Claes‐Göran // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jun2005 Supplement 65, Vol. 33 Issue s65, p3
Discusses some major trends in the development of Swedish public health research in 2005. Institutional basis; Selection of determinants and mechanisms in this development; Implications on public health.