- New Products. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p85
The article previews several products including the Marvelous flow-control stopcock, the Prevantics swabs and Nova Biomedical's StatStrip Glucose.
- IV system. // Professional Safety;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p57
Features Ivac Medical Systems Inc.'s SmartSite needleless intravenous infusion system.
- A comprehensive system for IV device management. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar95, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p32
Discusses a comprehensive system for intravenous device management used at the Northwest Hospital in Seattle, Washington. Reduction and elimination of infusion control device (ICD) uncertainty; Contract for infusion control tubing set; ICD distribution plan; User needs and policies.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p6
Looks at the cost of microscopes to intravenous therapy for Child Health facilities. Expense at the average CHCA hospital; Savings from burette elimination.
- Labels bail out for ease of use. // Packaging Digest;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p74
Features Mallincrodt Medical's use of pull-away slitted loops on bottled intravenous fluids labels. Changes in the structure; Company's plan to the apply the labels to its full line of parenteral drugs; Directions for use; Contact information.
- A stopcock technique for unplugging I.V.s. Freshwater, M. Felix; Su, C.T. // RN;May76, Vol. 39 Issue 5, pICU8
Recommends a stopcock technique for unplugging intravenous (IV) tube. Precautions to take before starting the technique; Process of irrigating the IV line; Advantages of the technique.
- Infusion confusion? Shimkus, Jaime // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on considerations for the purchase of an intravenous pump. Introduction of innovations in the basic design of intravenous pumps; Research agency ECRI's recommendations to hospital staff and physicians on the kind of pump to purchase. INSET: No compromises. by J.S..
- Protection for inserts and couplers. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p52
Features Colder Products Co.'s tethered vinyl caps and plugs. Uses.
- Using discarded wrappings. Snyder, Ronald E. // RN;Dec75, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p149
Focuses on the uses of butterfly infusion set wrappings.