NIST Seeks Support with NSTIC Implementation
- NIST Plans New Round Of Pilots In Trusted Identity Program. // Defense Daily;2/13/2015, p2
The article reports that the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NISH) will have its fourth round of funding for its pilot program to support seeding projects aimed at developing trusted identities to be used in online transactions and cyber space.
- 2014 ARC Industry Forum: The NIST framework and Executive Order 13636. // Control Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p29
The article offers information on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework and Executive Order 13636, "Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity", that serves to create a framework for reducing cybersecurity risks via threat information sharing.
- Toward a Global Cybersecurity Standard of Care?: Exploring the Implications of the 2014 NIST Cybersecurity Framework on Shaping Reasonable National and International Cybersecurity Practices. SHACKELFORD, SCOTT J.; PROIA, ANDREW A.; MARTELL, BRENTON; CRAIG, AMANDA N. // Texas International Law Journal;2015, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p303
Even though U.S. congressional and multilateral efforts aimed at enhancing cybersecurity have thus far largely failed in their aims, courts and regulators are using existing common law doctrines and statutory enactments to hold companies accountable for cyber attacks. However, such judicial and...
- Recommendations for Establishing an Identity Ecosystem Governance Structure for the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. Gallagher, Patrick // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;02/17/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 33, p9625
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology of the U.S. Department of Commerce requesting to declare the release of a paper called Recommendations for Establishing an Identity Ecosystem Governance Structure. As per the notice,...
- Manufacturing assistance a phone call away. // Products Finishing;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p39
Presents a telephone number which can directly link manufacturers with the nearest Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) affiliate of headquarters office, a program of the Commerce Department's National Institute of Standards and Technology. What is MEP; Internet address for MEP.
- Refrigeration database. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct95, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the National Institute of Standards and Technology has announced a standard reference database, CYCLE-D.
- NIST research request tops $1B. // PM Engineer;Apr95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p56
Reports that the president's fiscal year 1996 budget request of $1.023 billion for the National Institute of Standards and Technology is 19.8 percent higher than the agency's 1995 appropriation.
- Eight win 1996 general ATP competition. // Quality;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
No abstract available.
- Tutorials focus on manufacturing software. // Ceramic Industry;Jun98, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p39
Reports on National Institute of Standards and Technology's tutorials covered by Systems Integration for Manufacturing Applications Program.