L-3 Communications [LLL]: L-3 Supplies Six Airports in Latin America with Detection Systems
- L-3 Communications [LLL]: OSI Systems' [OSIS]: ATR Capability for Body Imagers Still High on False Alarms, TSA's Kane Says. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;12/8/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p2
The article reports on the unreliability of whole body imaging systems equipped with Automatic Threat Recognition (ATR) software. According to the head of security technology programs at the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the systems are experiencing between 70 and 80 percent...
- Passenger Security guidelines. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/22/2001-10/29/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p3
Lists airport security guidelines for passengers going to New York. Importance of reporting any abnormal behavior immediately; Understanding of airline carry-on restrictions.
- Northwest Airlines. // AirGuide Online.com;2/15/2010, p16
The article reports on the need to tighten security measures in airports to enhance security for every passenger.
- Anchorage Airport Security Agents Close Checkpoint After Discovering An Explosive Device. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;3/3/2014, p40
The article reports on the decision of Alaska's Anchorage Airport security agents to close the lone security checkpoint on February 16, 2014 after discovering an explosive device at a passenger's carry-on bag.
- Automated Security Screening Has Limitations. // AirGuide Online.com;2/17/2014, p3
The article reports on the limitations in automated security screening at airports.
- Indian Airports On Lookout For Courier Packages. // AirGuide Online.com;3/29/2010, p2
The article reports on the need of airports across India to lookout for courier packages especially those wrapped in newspapers, magazines or plastic after a crude explosive device was found in the cargo hold of a Kingfisher Airlines airliner.
- MassPort Official: Airport Explosives Detectors Very Costly. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p29
The Massachusetts Port Authority's Logan International Airport in Boston estimates that it will cost about $1.7 million a year to power and clean its new in-line baggage screening equipment, Massport director of finance Betsy Taylor said. After the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Congress...
- Get Through Airport Security Quickly. // Road & Travel;1/15/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1.2, p3
The article offers tips on getting through airport security quickly, including packing smart by carrying a layer of clothes, then electronic, and any heavier items, removing body piercings, keeping all papers and documents easily accessible.
- Texas lawmakers let ban on pat-downs die. Laing, Keith // Hill;6/30/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 96, p5
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Republican Party to pass a ban on Transportation Security Administration (TSA) pat-downs and to criminalize the inspection of passengers' genitalia at airport security checkpoints in Texas because of its unconstitutionality.