Smiths Detection Wins $3M Baggage Screening Contract with U.K. Airport
- South-East Region. Martin, R. L. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Aug2009, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p55
The article discusses the highlights of the visit of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Gatwick Group to the Gatwick airport in London, England, hosted by BAA. Delegates were shown the Gatwick Monitoring Centre, the replacement equipment for the monitoring centre, and the...
- Company's coming. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 19, p15
Informs that London's Gatwick Airport would open additional check-in-desks at its busy South Terminal during the summer of 1995 to cope up with the rush. Details of the renovation being undertaken.
- Welcome to faster-piece theater. // U.S. News & World Report;7/19/93, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p17
Reports that starting July 24, 1993, Shakespearean performers will offer entertainment for the approximately 100,000 people who pass through London's Gatwick Airport every day. What the Well Cast Theatre Company performances will include.
- Gatwick runway criticised. Griffiths, Sophie // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/25/2012, Issue 3025, p7
The article reports on London, England's Gatwick Airport's plan to build for a second runway and the responses it has drawn.
- Gatwick Airport night curfew is eased. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep94, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the easing off of the night curfew at London, England's Gatwick Airport from 2330 to 0600 hours to permit operations by aircraft meeting FAR Part 36, Stage 3. Effectivity of the new curfew until October 31, 1994.
- Gatwick Airport will continue night curfew easement. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec94, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the continuation of the night curfew easement at Gatwick Airport in London, England. Curfew time's normal application to all aircraft over 25,520 pounds; Permission to aircraft meeting stage three noise levels to use the airport during the curfew time.
- Gatwick pledges to add UK routes if it gains new runway. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/5/2015, Issue 2260, p8
The article reports that the Gatwick Airport of London, England is planning to increase routes at various domestic locations including Liverpool, England, Derry, Northern Ireland and Dundee, Scotland.
- HILTON OPEN AT GATWICK. // Buying Business Travel;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 47, p21
The article reports on the opening of a Hampton by Hilton hotel in the North Terminal at Gatwick Airport in London, England.
- Up to six practices sought for Gatwick Airport framework under 1 bn investment plan. // Design Week;7/1/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on th selection of up to six practices to form a new Gatwick Airport architecture framework that will also cover retail environment design in London, England.