Thales' Liberty Radio Receives Intrinsic Safe Certification
- Army Orders Thousands of Thales' MBITR Radios. // Defense Daily;2/28/2007, Vol. 233 Issue 38, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Army has ordered more than 5,000 units of the AN/PRC-148 Joint Tactical Radio System Enhanced Multiband Inter/Intra Team Radios (MBITR) or JEM from Thales Communications Inc. The procurement will enable the Army to complete fielding against Modular Force...
- Thales' Liberty Multiband Land Mobile Radio available under GSA blanket purchase agreement. // HS Today;Jun2009, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the selection of Thales Communications Inc. as an industry partner on the U.S. General Services Administration Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for land mobile radio (LMR) equipment. It states that the objectives of the agreement is to develop Project 25 (P25)-compliant...
- Thales issues suppliers declaration of compliance for Liberty radio. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;9/16/2011, p1
The article reports on the release of a suppliers declaration of compliance (SDOC) by Thales Communications Inc. in 2011. It says that the move aimed to announce the completion of the Project 25 Compliance Assessment Program (P25 CAP) by its Liberty multiband land-mobile radio (LMR). It notes...
- product showcase. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p47
The article evaluates several products in telecommunication systems including Passive Intermodulation (PIM) rated base station antennas from Bird Technologies Group Inc., R8000 Communications System Analyzer from General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies Inc., and Thales Libertyâ„¢ Land Mobile...
- Why so many hang-ups with the mobile? Everitt, Neil // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jun2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p13
The author questions that validity of the widely held notion about the dangers of mobile phones, such as in petrol stations and on-board airplanes in flight. It is said that mobile phones could ignite fire and explosion at petrol stations even though no such event has yet occurred. It is also...
- Cells not so dangerous at the gas pump. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jul2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that cell phones are not so dangerous at the gas pump. Stories about explosions ignited by static electricity are mythical. Most gas stations post warnings about the risk of cell phonesâ€” static electricity surrounding them can ignite gas vapors, causing explosions. The...
- Software-defined radio from Thales Communications obtains intrinsic safe certification. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p41
The article reports that the portable Liberty Multiband Land Mobile Radio (LMR) software-defined, multiband radio system from Thales Communications Inc. has obtained an Intrinsic Safe equipment certification in the U.S.
- Thales prepares for DHS pilot. // Urgent Communications;Sep2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p40
The article evaluates the Liberty multiband radio from Thales Communications.
- COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT: U.S. Coast Guard adopts Thales HF-ALE radios tor surface ships. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
The article reviews the high-frequency automated link establishment (HF-ALE) radio system from Thales Communications Inc.