L-3 Communications [LLL]: OSI Systems [OSIS]: ECAC Certifies Products to Type "C" Standards
- Unstable world highlights importance of mine-detection technology. Rea // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on mine detection technology. Integration of technologies into operational systems; Sensor capabilities; Organic approach; Areas where mines are a threat; Military and humanitarian counter-mine operations. INSETS: SHARC DSPs enable Lockhead Martin to achieve -25 dB...;Acoustic sensors...
- Competitive Field Apt To Expand In Specialized Market Niche. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/7/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p54
Reports the increased demand of explosives-detection systems in the United States. Production capacity of PerkinElmer Detection Systems; Manufacture of devices to detect traces of explosives by Thermo Detection; Interest of L-3 Communications and InVision Technologies in the business.
- University of Utah engineers develop material for better bomb detecting devices. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on a carbon nanotube material developed by University of Utah engineers, which can be used as handheld sensors for better bomb detection and mentions topics including advantages of carbon nanotubes and surface modification of the nanotubes with a polymer.
- Rodents Trained to Sniff Out Terrorists. // Airport Security Report;2/23/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
The article presents information on the explosives and illicit drug detector, created by Israeli scientists, that utilize specially trained mice, which are more accurate than drug sniffing dogs. The device was tested on 1,000 shoppers in 2010 in a Tel Aviv shopping mall, where the mice...
- New airport device praised; questions raised. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/18/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p1
Reports on concerns raised by a local civil libertarian in Las Vegas, Nevada on recently installed detecting machinery at McCarran International Airport that checks passengers for traces of explosives, as of July 2005. Objective of the machinery; Features of the detectors; Views of Harry...
- AN/PSS-12 Mine Detecting Set... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec99, Issue 565, p22
Presents preventive maintenance tips for the AN/PSS-12 mine detecting set. Search head protection; How to adjust the pole; Usage of clamps for the cord.
- PM Helps Detector Detect Mines. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May2002, Issue 594, p22
Provides information on the AN/PSS-12 mine detector. Effect of leaving batteries in the mine detector after using them; Appropriate length of the head of the detector from the ground; Instruction on the proper storage of the detector.
- Detecting Just Got Better ...and Safer. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Nov2002, Issue 600, p16
Offers tips on using the U.S. Army AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. Maintenance tips; Enhancing the sensitivity of the mine detector; Area covered by the mine detector; Speed of moving the detector.
- Mine Detection Moves Into the Future: The AN/PSS-14 Mine Detector Requires a License. Holbrook, David // Engineer;Oct-Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p39
The article evaluates the AN/PSS-14 mine detector.