L-3 Communications [LLL]: General Electric's [GE]: OSI Systems [OSIS]: TSA Boosts L-3 Contract For Baggage Screening Equipment
- TSA Testing L-3 Shoe Scanning Technology At LAX. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;7/29/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the plan by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to conduct pilot tests at Los Angeles International Airport of a system developed by L-3 Communications Corp. which uses trace detection technology to screen individual's shoes for traces of explosives. TSA...
- This Week's News: The Us Transportation Security Administration Yesterday Issued A Usd165 Million Contract. // AirGuide Online.com;1/4/2010, p1
The article reports on the 165 million dollar contract issued by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration on January 3, 2010 to purchase whole-body imagers for airport security checkpoints from L-3 Communications Corp.
- New In-Line Checked Baggage System at Wayne County Airport. // Airport Security Report;4/8/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA) and the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recently showcased the explosives detection baggage screening system that has been installed at Detroit Metro Airport's (DTW) McNamara terminal, Michigan. TSA partially funded...
- TSA Boosts L-3 Contract For Baggage Screening Equipment. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;3/28/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 58, p3
The article informs that a contract worth 61 million dollar to purchase 60 additional medium-speed Explosives Detection Systems (EDS) used to screen checked bags at the nation's airports has been awarded by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to L-3 Communications (LLL). It has...
- L-3, SAIC Nab TSA Awards For Reduced Size Explosive Detection Systems. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/3/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) offered separate contracts to L-3 Communications Corp. (LLL) and SAIC Inc. (SAI) to supply checked baggage explosive detection systems (EDS) to the agency. L-3 will supply eXaminer SX Reduced Size EDS in partnership...
- GAO: TSA Detection Equipment Standards Still Need Improvements. // Air Safety Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) has criticized the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for delays and inefficiencies in its deployment of explosive detection equipment standards of airport checked baggage screening. TSA claims that the current...
- OSI Systems' [OSIS]: L-3 Communications [LLL]: L-3, Rapiscan, Smiths Detection Nab TSA Orders for Second-Gen X-Ray Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/29/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on task orders awarded by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in 2010 to Smith Detection, OSI Systems Rapiscan Systems division and L-3 Communications for the second generation of Advanced Technology (AT) X-Ray systems, or the AT2 systems, to screen carry-on...
- TSA Halts Airports' Shift to Private Screeners. // Government Video;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p29
The article reports that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will not expand a program, which allows U.S. airports to replace government security screeners with those from private industry.
- New TSA security measures to have minimal impact on airports in Puerto Rico. COSTA, DENNIS // Caribbean Business;7/24/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p35
The article reports on the order of the U.S. Homeland Security Department which directed the Transportation Security Administration in July 2014 to enhance its security measures at certain overseas airports with direct flights to the U.S. which have minimal impact on airports in Puerto Rico.