RECOGNIZING NEIGHBORHOOD SATISFACTION; SIGNIFICANT DIMENSIONS AND ASSESSMENT FACTORS
- RESIDENTS' ASSESSMENT OF NEIGHBOURHOOD QUALITY IN PENANG, MALAYSIA. Ghani Salleh, Abdul; Badarulzaman, Nurwati; Ali, Kausar; Abdul Fatah, Hamizah // OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p65
Housing neighbourhoods affect the quality of life of their residents. Residential and neighbourhood quality to certain extent determines the quality of life of the people. The residents' perception of their housing and neighbourhood environment is based on their satisfaction of dwelling units,...
- The world in one neighborhood. Windwood, Akaya // Yes!;Summer2004, Issue 30, p36
Shares a story of the good life. Neighborhood in the San Francisco Bay area in California; Importance of helping one's neighbors; People's need to have the time to stop, connect, help and laugh with other people.
- CLINICAL: Home Based Work with Families: The Environmental Context of Family Intervention. Tracy, Elizabeth M.; McDonnell, James R.; Lewis, Karen Gail // Family Systems Application to Social Work: Training & Clinical P;1991, Vol. 5 Issue 3/4, p93
This paper describes the major roles and purposes of home based work with families. The ability of the home based worker to assess and intervene directly in and on behalf of the family's environment is emphasized. Both the social environment and the physical environment of the home and...
- Surveying Our Past and Building Our Future: An Environmental History of an Australian Suburb. Brown, Sarah // Limina;2007, Vol. 13, p23
Australia is a suburban nation. Today, when debate about urban sustainability is of key concern, an appreciation of the complex nature of Australian suburbia is critical to the debate about urban futures. Suburbia as a built environment has a long and complex history that embodies many...
- An Inclusive Society for All: An Experimental Study among Elders with a Disability in China. Honglin Chen; Yu-Cheung, Wong // International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p35
The study aims to understand the life circumstances and social exclusion experienced by disabled older adults in urban Shanghai and Hong Kong. It also explores the relationship between social exclusion and quality of life. The researcher collected questionnaire data in one Shanghai and one...
- Cities that satisfy. Wagner, Stephen // American Demographics;Sep95, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
Reports on a poll conducted in February 1995 by the Regional Plan Association and Quinnipiac College Polling Institute of Hamden, Connecticut which concludes that a person's satisfaction with their community has a big effect on their perceived quality of life. Reported issues which are most...
- No More Cities for Me! Wollerman, Wally // Saturday Evening Post;2/28/1953, Vol. 225 Issue 35, p17
Discusses the environment and living condition in Omemee, Ontario in the 1950s. Description of the Omemee neighborhood; Status of road traffic; Economic opportunities in the community.
- HOW NEIGHBORHOOD FEATURES AFFECT QUALITY OF LIFE. Sirgy, M. Joseph; Cornwell, Terri // Social Indicators Research;Jul2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p79
Examines the development of conceptual models explaining the effect of neighborhood features on the quality of life of the residents in Virginia. Details of the models; Role of neighborhood satisfaction in community satisfaction; Relation between housing satisfaction and home satisfaction.
- RESIDENTIAL SATISFACTION IN LA PERLA INFORMAL NEIGHBORHOOD, SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO. Jean, Caldieron // OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p77
Residential satisfaction is an important element measuring the quality of life of individuals. This paper reports on the findings of residential satisfaction in the self-built informal neighborhood of La Perla. The settlement is located adjacent to the colonial center in the city of San Juan,...