- Boiler rule could be costly. // Furniture/Today;7/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that domestic furniture manufacturers will face costly emission control implementation with the changes made to Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) rules, which classifies small fire tube boiler with the large boilers used by the industry to make a single...
- Contractor infocus. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p1
Presents a graph showing shipments of commercial and industrial boilers and separate burners.
- How to select a boiler for your process. Hankinson, Rob // Process Heating;Sep97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p30
Provides tips on the selection of boilers for process needs. Sizing of the boiler; Connection of the boiler; Installation of both economizers and oxygen trim for more efficient boiler operation.
- Designers, users air concerns on CFBs. // Power;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p4
Presents statistics on fluidized-bed boilers as discussed at the 12th Annual Council of Industrial Boiler Owners Fluidized Bed Conference in November 1996. Turbine electrical problems as leading cause of forced outages (FO) in 1996; Fuel handling systems as the single largest FO factor for...
- Use of wet scrubber in bagasse fired boilers. Rathi, R.C.; Landge, K.A. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, pXI
Focuses on the benefits of the use of wet scrubber in bagasse fired boilers. Projected performance of boiler with wet scrubber; Air pollution control equipment used in sugar factory boilers; Flue gas composition; Factors affecting collection efficiency.
- Boilers: The basic source of industrial energy. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, pXIX
Focuses on the development and uses of boilers. History of boilers; Types of boilers; Role in industrial activity.
- Conserving energy. Ganapathy, V. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, pXXI
Discusses the application of heat recovery boilers in industrial plants. Application of heat recovery boilers in hydrogen plants; Structure of water tube boiler with superheater and economiser; Structure of combination fire tube and water tube boiler.
- Bring fresh ideas to boiler startup procedures. Tylec, Mark S.; Elliott, Tom // Power;May96, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p48
Discusses fresh ideas on new-boiler startup procedures. Pre-boiler system flush; Boiler degreasing; Steam blow; Startup burners.
- Direct-vent, low-mass boiler technology comes into its own. McKenney, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/09/96, Vol. 199 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the growing popularity of low-mass boilers for residential and commercial use. Alternative to outmoded cast iron boilers; Versatility and build quality; Steel and venting options; Benefits of balanced flues.