Sliding in comfort
- Bombardier, EMD to equip Virgin Rail. // Railway Age;Apr98, Vol. 199 Issue 4, p39
Provides information on the contract awarded by Great Britain's Virgin Rail Group to Bombardier Transportation. Number of rail transit cars that will be supplied by Bombardier; Places where Bombardier will manufacture the cars; Comments from President and Chief Operating Officer Jean-Yves...
- Last unrefurbished Mk4s taken out of traffic. // Railways Illustrated;Nov2005, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p11
This article reports that the last complete train of GNER Mk4 coaching stock in original form ran for the final time in Great Britain on August 25, 2005. The train has now been transferred to the Horbury complex of Bombardier Transportation Inc. for refurbishment to Mallard standards. The...
- Virgin ushers in Pendolinos with brand vision ads. // Marketing (00253650);8/8/2002, p5
Reports the brand vision advertising campaign of Virgin Trains in Great Britain.
- Pendolions may be stored. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/3/2003, Issue 195, p5
Reports on the potential storage of Virgin Rail's Alstom Class 390 Pendolino tilting trains, as of April 2003. Information on clearance delays of the trains; Possible storage location for the trains; Effect of the availability and training of train drivers on the business.
- INNOVATOR VIEWPOINT. TREACY, JOHN // Marketing Week;4/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p36
The author reflects on the creation of a talking poster for Virgin Trains.
- Virgin to ramp up rail service. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/17/2003, Issue 1659, p22
Reports on the plan of Virgin Trains to double frequencies to major cities from London, England.
- Virgin Trains. // Marketing (00253650);2/3/2010, p48
The article presents a telephone conversation between an agent from Virgin Trains and a client who reveal the poor performance of the agent in marketing.
- Pendolino passes 1.5m mile mark. E. G. H. // Railways Illustrated;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the potential of the Class 390s by Virgin Trains to become the first 52-strong fleet to clock up 1,500,000 miles in service in England.
- Virgin to boost ads on railway. // Marketing Event;Sep99, p11
Deals with the plan of Virgin Trains to offer NEC exhibitors the opportunity to extend their presence to their trains and into Birmingham International station. What agency handles the media and exhibitions of Virgin Trains; Statement made by Julian Macey of the Media Incentives Group.