Quick change artists
- The foil factor. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p32
Reports on the impact of false wood in the form of foil furniture on the furniture industry in Great Britain. Increase of the sales of foil furniture; Negative reputation of foil; Praise for foils imported from Japan due to its accuracy in mimicking the characteristics of real wood. INSET: The...
- Wherever you are, foil will fix it. Beard, Jonathan // New Scientist;11/02/96, Vol. 152 Issue 2054, p23
Focuses on techniques being developed in two American laboratories on the use of a thin piece of metal foil to weld parts together. Possible applications; Directions for use.
- Back to the Future. Guiles, Chet // Printed Circuit Design;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p12
Presents information on foil lamination. Details on the process of foil lamination; Approaches to surface microvia materials; Materials and designs of foil lamination for surface microvia formation.
- Patching up X29 boxcars. Darnaby, Bill // Model Railroader;nov98, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p117
Details the use of Bare-Metal foil in adding side repair panels of HO Red Caboose X29 railroad models. Application of the patches; Finishing touches for the job.
- Anomalous burn-through of thin foils by high-intensity laser radiation. Ivanov, V. V.; Kutsenko, A. V.; Lebo, I. G.; Matsveiko, A. A.; Mikhailov, Yu. A.; Osetrov, V. P.; Popov, A. I.; Rozanov, V. B.; Sklizkov, G. V.; Starodub, A. N.; Nikishin, V. V.; Tishkin, V. F. // Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Physics;Oct99, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p689
The paper presents results of experiments performed on the Pico facility in which foils were heated by laser radiation, and anomalously fast burn-through of foils by a structured laser beam was detected. Comparison with two-dimensional calculations has allowed us to suggest a tentative mechanism...
- The x-ray emission, ablation pressure, and preheating for foils irradiated at 0.26 ï¿½m wavelength. P�pin, H.; Fabbro, R.; Faral, B.; Amiranoff, F.; Virmont, J.; Cottet, F.; Romain, J. P. // Physics of Fluids (00319171);Nov85, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p3393
The x-ray emission, ablation pressure, and preheating for foils irradiated with a 0.26 ï¿½m laser at intensities ~1015 W cm-2 are studied. The foils are Al with various thicknesses, coated or uncoated with CH or Au. The x-ray emission and conversion efficiency are obtained with a multichannel...
- Jo's help line. // PrintWeek;3/2/2012, p39
The article provides an answer to the question of who still produces Cromalins the traditional way using dust and foils.
- enliven your art quilts. Forsyth, stephanie // Quilting Arts Magazine;Aug/Sep2011, Issue 52, p60
The article offers step-by-step instructions for adding foil to copper sheeting as a surface design technique.
- Leafing. Harrell, Gina // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p40
Provides tips in applying metal leafs to everyday objects. Procedure in applying adhesive; Details on sealing metal leafs; Techniques in gilding.