- ANA supports nomination of Marilyn Tavenner to head CMS. Jones, Jemarion // American Nurse;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p4
The article announces the decision of the American Nurses Association (ANA) to support the nomination of Marilyn Tavenner as head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Burwell announces changes in CMS management. // AHA News;6/27/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p8
The article announces the appointment of Andy Slavitt as the principal deputy administrator of the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- CMS Names First Chief Data Officer. // Journal of AHIMA;Jan2015, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that Niall Brennan was appointed chief data officer of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu. Norris, Terry // KDA Today;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p2
In this article, the president of the Kentucky Dental Association (KDA) discusses various developments taken place at the KDA over the last 12 months ending April 2013. He shares his experiences of working with the KDA along with the KDA's accomplishments and goals. Topics discussed in terms of...
- Dennis Smith Now Interim CMS Administrator. // ASHA Leader;2/17/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the designation of Dennis Smith as the interim executive of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in the U.S. Career history of Smith; Proposal of Medicaid regulations to revise qualifications for audiologists; Implementation of the changes of the Medicare improvement act.
- Bulletin Board what's happening in healthcare. CMS Aims to Simplify RAC Queries with New Role. // Journal of AHIMA;Aug2014, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on a new position created by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to help streamline and manage the concerns of healthcare providers undergoing a review by Medicare Recovery Audit Contractors (RAC).
- Administrator Tavenner announces CMS departure. Tahir, Darius // Modern Healthcare;1/19/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p0002
The article announces the resignation of Marilyn Tavenner as Administrator of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- McClellan to tackle Medicare at CMS. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the challenges that face Mark McClellan on his appointment as administrator of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Need to develop policies to establish the Medicare Advantage program; Debate over proposals to allow consumers to obtain lower-cost prescription drugs...
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;6/6/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the U.S. health care sector. James Madara was appointed executive vice president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Medical Association. A rule was proposed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that would enable access...