- Amazon Gains 38.8%, Forgets to Say Why. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the business profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S. For the third quarter of 2010, its net sales increased by 38.8%, reaching its 7.6 billion dollars, surpassing its 21 billion dollars sales from January to September 2010. Moreover, its net sales for the fourth quarter of...
- Strong Holiday Season Bolsters Amazon.com 4Q Profits. // Book Publishing Report;2/2/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the impact of the holiday sales on Amazon.com. Assessment of profits; Sales; Effects of changes in foreign exchange rates on sales. INSET: Amazon.com Financial Highlights.
- Amazon Revenue Up 14.7% in Q3; Expecting Banner Q4. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the growth in revenue of Amazon.com Inc. in its media business in North America. It has a reported growth of 14.7 percent from $684 million to $784 million for the third quarter with a decline in the operating income at 28 percent to $40 million in the three months period...
- Amazon Swings Into Red in Q2 as Fire Spreads. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the sales of online retailer Amazon in the second quarter (Q2) of 2013. It states that the companies Q2 sales has increased by 22 percent to 15.7 billion but indicated a net loss of $7 million in Q2 compared to the net income in Q2 2012 which was $7 million. It also...
- Online giant transforms performance into huge profits. // Cabinet Maker;8/7/2015, Issue 5943, p12
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S.-based online retail company Amazon.com Inc. regarding its substantial profits growth for the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, ending June 30, 2015.
- Retail Stocks Up For Week. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/26/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 87, p14
The article reports that Amazon.com Inc. has posted a strong third-quarter sales which drove retail stocks up to 1.4%. It mentions that the firm's stocks showed a 26.8% rise and its profit with a 68.6% increase in sales. It affirms that the company is expecting a 21% to 36% increase or 8.13...
- Solid Sales Gains at Amazon, B&N.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/3/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the increase in sales posted by Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com in the first quarter of 2004. Total net sales for the quarter; Factors that contributed to the increase in sales; Sales projection for the second quarter of 2004.
- Amazon Q2 Up; Third Party Sales Outpacing Rest. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of Internet retailing giant Amazon.com Inc. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2007. The company's net sales during the quarter grew to 35% and operating profits were able to recover. Moreover, third party revenue has...
- Amazon Posts 9% Profit Growth. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the financial performance of Amazon.com for the fourth quarter of 2008. The company's sales increased by 18% to $6.7 billion while net income surged by almost 9% to $225 million. According to Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Amazon, the company's...