Audiobook Sales Surged in November
- Adult Hardcover, Audiobooks Rally In April. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the improved sales of adult hardcover books according to the Association of American Publishers in April 2001. Percentage increase of the sales; Comparison of the sale of audiobooks in the United States.
- Audiobook Month's Results Are In. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;10/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 40, p33
Reveals that sales of audiobooks in the United States continue to grow. Sales increase of audiobooks in 1998; Statistics on the audiobooks sales; Factors that help the sales to increase.
- Audiobooks online. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p48
Focuses on the developments in the online audiobook trade in the United States. Growth of Web sites selling audiobooks; Technological breakthroughs that allow consumers to download audiobooks directly to their computers; Online book retailers that include audiobooks in their merchandise mix;...
- Audiobooks '99. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p42
Examines the development of the audiobook industry in the United States in the 1990s. Percentage of American households that listen to audiobooks; Cumulative sales growth of audiobooks from 1990 to 1998; Unabridged audiobooks; Compact discs; Retailers' increasing enthusiasm about audiobooks.
- Audio spoken here. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p45
Reports on the growth in the number of audio-only bookstores across the United States. Growing maturity of the audiobook industry; Emergence of Talking Book World and Earful of Books as the most dominant audio-only store chains; Earnings generated by a typical established audio-only store;...
- Audio bits. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p33
Reports on developments in the audiobook industry in the United States as of February 5, 1996. Includes news on the deals signed by Rezound International with Sight & Sound and Video Products Distributors; Affiliation between Tangled Web Audio and Dual Dolphin Publishing; Specialization of the...
- Audio Seeks New Listeners. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p29
Explores the marketing efforts of audiobook publishers in the U.S. Initiatives to promote audiobooks; Partnership forged by Simon & Schuster Audio; Features of a Web site about audiobooks; Analysis of the impact of technology on the industry.
- AAP: Religious Books Gain, E- Books Continue Rise In September. // Book Publishing Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the sales of several category of books in the U.S. for September 2004. Rise in the sales of religious titles and electronic books; Citation of the success of the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"; Loss of gross sales for the adult hardcover segment; Indication of...
- audio bits. Rosenblum, Trudi // Publishers Weekly;6/4/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 23, p26
Presents news briefs on the audiobook industry in the United States as of June 4, 2001. Audio contest for booksellers sponsored by the Random House Audio Publishing Group; Resignation of Richard Simtob, co-founder of Talking Book World Corporation; Plan of Brilliance Audio to publish the audio...