Employing foreign workers update: Avoiding illegal working
- Clinton orders new illegal aliens law. // American Nurseryman;4/01/96, Vol. 183 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the signing into law of an executive order by President Bill Clinton which halts the federal contracts of companies that hire illegal aliens. Implications for nursery professionals; Responsibility of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; Exemptions.
- INS sweep nets nearly 3,700 unauthorized workers. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the US Immigration and Naturalization Service's (INS) apprehension of illegal immigrant workers in the central United States. Number of workers apprehended and deported; Remarks of INS commissioner Doris Meissner regarding the issue.
- The invisible workers. Bowley, Graham // New Statesman;12/16/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4618, p51
Focuses on the employment of illegal immigrants in England as of December 2002. Labor conditions of such immigrants; Countries that experience the same labor conditions; Information on the illegal activities participated by immigrants.
- Closing the door on undocumented workers. Smith, Robert // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p6
Discusses the provisions passed by the United States Congress that have strengthened the exclusionary tendency in ways that diminish the minimal legal protections afforded to undocumented immigrants and the rights of legal immigrants. Proposal to raise the penalties for remaining in the U.S....
- Illegal transnational labor. Orenstein, Catherine C. // Journal of International Affairs;Winter95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p601
Presents a first-hand account of the predicament of illegal migrant workers in California and the Dominican Republic. Mexican workers in California; Haitian workers in the Dominican Republic; Transnational systems of labor and production; Roots of migration; Boon of illegal labor.
- Staying powers. Tiffen, Nicola // Lawyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 43, pE5
Focuses on the efforts of the British government to curb illegal workers. Defense against employees illegal workers; Increasing number of young Commonwealth nationals; Changes to the immigration laws aimed at managed migration.
- Tennessee Immigration Law Effective January 1, 2008. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q1, p1
The article reports on the effectivity of Tennessee's Illegal Alien Employment Act on January 1, 2008. It is indicated that this law is about Tennessee employers who employ illegal aliens, where in their business licenses can get suspended. This law forbids employers to employ illegal aliens,...
- Rolling the ICE dice. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Nov2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p17
The article explores the increasing role of immigrant workers in the labor markets in the Ninth District, which includes states in midwestern U.S. It describes the dilemmas faced by legal and illegal immigrant workers in the country. It discusses the reasons for the growing number of immigrant...
- African slave labour in Australia? Nevin, Tom // African Business;Jan2003, Issue 283, p54
Discusses the launch of an investigation on the illegal recruitment of South African workers in Australia as of January 2003. Details of the incident involving South African Oagile Stephen Malothane which prompted Australian authorities to launch the investigation; Investigation on the issuance...