- A drain on the budget. Bowen, Gary N. // American City & County;Mar2003, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Phase II stormwater regulations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Application of the Phase II regulations to Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4); Efforts of MS4 to establish stormwater utilities (SWU) in the...
- EPA Considers "Redefining" Role of MS4s in Stormwater. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
In this article the author discusses the plan of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop rules on stormwater and concentrated animal feeding operations in the Chesapeake Bay area of Maryland and Virginia. He is critical of the EPA's plan to redefine municipal separate storm sewer...
- Green Infrastructure Stormwater and your Business. Delaney, Tom // Landscape & Irrigation;Aug2014, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses the traditional approach to stormwater management by directing the runoff, created by torrential downpours, from a site into the sewer system and other green infrastructure as prescribed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Topics discussed include reducing...
- Stormwater Pollution: Getting at the Source. Baker, Lawrence A. // Stormwater;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses the role of source reduction in improving reliability, cost reduction, improving equitability, and reducing liability of municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) programs. The advantages of source reduction over structural best management practices are discussed. It...
- EPA awards grants to two cities for sewer projects. // Underground Construction;Feb2012, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the 123,000 dollars awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to the city of Wichita, Kansas for improvements of its storm sewer system, which is expected to be completed by the fall of 2012.
- Being heard above the storm: Small cities voice concern over phase II regs. Jenkins, Stephen // American City & County;Jul97, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p36
Outlines the proposal of stormwater rules for smaller communities by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Information on the role of the Urban Wet Weather Flows Advisory Committee chartered in 1995 by EPA; Details on phase one of the Clean Water Act. INSETS: Seaside drainage field...
- Stormwater fees lurk. Barlas, Stephen // National Petroleum News;Mar98, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p24
No abstract available.
- Post-Construction Stormwater Regulations Postponed. // GPP eNews;9/16/2011, p3
The article reports that the September 30, 2011 issuance of the draft version of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) post-construction stormwater regulations has been postponed to December 2011.
- The Role Street Sweeping Must Play in Achieving Numeric Pollutant Limits. SUTHERLAND, ROGER C. // Stormwater;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p8
The author reflects on the regulation of pollutants found in urban stormwater in the U.S. He cites that changes in regulation can be categorized as either the establishment of numeric pollutant standards or numeric effluent pollutants limits in stormwater discharges. He mentions that in December...