ISC West Corporate Showcases
- Hard Drive Disposal. // Independent Banker;Jul2013, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p14
The article evaluates the computer hard drive disposal machine, the Destroyit Degausser/ Hard Drive Punch from MBM Corp.
- Hard disk booms at AES. Nelson, Terry // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
Reports that hard disk recording systems were the most popular piece of equipment featured by the music industry at the 99th AES Convention in New York, which was held October 1995. Increased perceptions of the equipment; Information on various hard disk equipment.
- Step by step. Rutter, Daniel // Australian Personal Computer;Jun98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p155
Presents information on the use of partitions in computer hard disks. Details on the uses of the partition of a hard drive; Information on the hard disk partition table; Installation of multiple operating systems; Process in setting up two or more operating systems. INSET: Popular file systems...
- Add a removable-cartridge drive. Miastkowski, Stan // PC World;Aug1998, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p282
Offers complete `how to' instructions for adding a removable cartridge drive to a personal computer.
- Gargantuan drives. C.O. // Popular Science;Feb98, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the development of hard drives that can hold as much as 16.8 gigabytes of information. Details of IBM's giant magnetoresistive (GMR) technology; Size of hard drives being marketed by other computer companies as of January 1998.
- Equipment report. // Electronics Now;Feb98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p11
Presents the Nomai 750.c portable SCSI hard drive which packs 750 megabytes of data on to removable cartridges. Versions available; Compatibility of the hard drive; Installation of the hard drive; Capabilities of the utilities included in the Nomai 750.c package.
- PubliCARD takes wraps off hard drive duplication tool. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/14/99, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p12
Reports on Fairfield, Connecticut-based PubliCARD Inc.'s launch of DataFast D-101, a hand-held hard drive duplication tool developed by PubliCARD subsidiary Greystone Peripherals. Applications of the unit; Diagnostic capabilities; Design.
- SPMs Analyze Disk Surfaces. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Aug99, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p23
Discusses the use of scanning-probe microscopes to examine the features on hard disk surfaces. Role of atomic-force microscopes and magnetic-force microscopes in rooting out problems that defy careful examination by optical methods; Recording the intensity and position of magnetic fields; Study...
- It may be small potatoes, but this hardware sizzles. Arquette, Brett // PC Week;01/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p79
Highlights the benefits of Promise Technology Inc.'s OctetPro hard disk duplicator. The author's experience with the hardware; Features, including its usefulness in fixing hard drive problems; Price.