Close Work Violence Loop with 360-Degree Communication
- AlliedBarton Security Services' Strategic Partnership Program. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information on the Strategic Partnership Program launched by AlliedBarton Security Services LP, which members guard tours systems, canine services, and international security.
- Desk Rage. Ashton, Alison // Working Mother;May2001, p20
Discusses ways to defuse frustration in the workplace in order to prevent violence. Screening for aggressive mindsets before hiring an employee; Importance of listening to an upset co-worker; Giving firm commitments to co-workers to minimize their frustration.
- Steps to Take to Avoid Workplace Violence. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p40
Gives advice on how to avoid violence in the workplace. How to check the background of candidates for employment; Adoption and enforcement of zero-tolerance policy; Preparation of a security plan.
- Bulletproof Practices. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p34
Discusses ways to prevent workplace violence in the U.S. Examples of workplace violence; Role of employers and human resource professional in preventing workplace violence; Information on the anti-violence zero tolerance policy in the country; Signs of possible workplace violence. INSETS:...
- Corporate Profiles. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2011, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p63
The article offers information on several companies related to security industry. It says that Adams Rite Manufacturing Co. offers electric strikes, exit devices, and sliding doors hardware. It states that AlliedBarton Security Services LP in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania is a provider of highly...
- Someone to Listen. Hirschman, Carolyn; Mirza, Patrick; Shea, Terence F. // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the importance of setup and communication to the role of organizational ombudsmen who offer employees a confidential, discreet way to handle employees' problems. Advantages of ombudsmen to human resource professionals; Factors that prompt the growth of ombudsmen; Role of an...
- Talon: Premier Security Services. // Orange County Business Journal;7/30/2001-8/5/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p71
Provides tips on how managers and supervisors can detect aberrant and dysfunctional behavior indicative of a propensity for violence among employees. Strategies to protect against workplace violence; Characteristics of employees with violent tendencies.
- AHHRM Conference. // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p14
Presents news briefs on the Association of Healthcare Human Resources Management (AHHRM). Campaign for anti-violence in workplaces; Views on human resources by Hugh Taylor, president of AHHRM.
- Preventing workplace violence. Lenius // Supply House Times;Oct99, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p43
Offers tips on how to prevent workplace violence, according to the Security Industry Association. Development of pre-employment selection procedures to identify high-risk applicants; Provision of a 24-hour communication hotline to employees; Restriction or monitoring of entry or movement of...