'Velvet Hammer' Welcome Better Secures Facilities
- ACCESS CONTROLS and LOCKS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p43
Presents a list of access controls and locks. Electronic access controls; Card access control systems; Card and card reader equipment.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT. Maddry, Terry // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p61
Shares insights on customer's preferences for access control systems. Attribution of changing access needs of the organization and problems with a current system as the two most important reasons why a buyer purchases a different electronic access control system; Factors affecting the...
- Multi-building access needs met in different ways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p47
Introduces several multi-building access systems. Software of IEI for retail and fast-food outlets; Hirsch Electronics' door controller with auto-dial firmware; Synergistics' dial-up solutions; Checkpoint Systems' corporate network solutions.
- More than a simple system. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the benefits of electronic access control systems for facilities. Integration features; Ability of system to track time/attendance; Special security functions. INSET: Multiple-purpose electronic key cards..
- ACCESS CONTROL. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the use of electronic access controls (EAC) by corporate, institutional, and government organizations. Increase in the types of EAC technologies; Cards and badges; Photo identification; Security executives' rankings of the most effective EAC.
- ELECTRONIC VISITOR MANAGEMENT INTEGRATES WITH EXISTING ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p158
The article introduces GE Security's Visitor Central electronic visitor management systems integrated with installed access control systems. It discusses how users can create professional, customized photo visitor badges that give companies more control over visitor access than manual,...
- HOW TO BUY MONITORING SERVICES. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p61
Provides information on how to shop for a monitoring company. Start by phoning the company; Make a checklist of what to ask; Need to know the number of accounts an signals that the company handle during peak times; Consideration in choosing a central monitoring station. INSET: Before You Buy.
- Rewarding e-Excellence. McKenna, Ian // Money Marketing;4/14/2011, p62
The article discusses the significance of electronic Excellence ratings for health care providers in Great Britain. This expanded program includes overall ratings for the propositions of the providers in the primary areas of critical illness, life, menu plans, and income protection. It notes the...
- Serial Communications and Ethernet. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p82
This article focuses on the serial access control communication and the use of Ethernet in it. Many installations call for the inclusion or integration of access control communications and other monitoring and control functions, along with video and alarm monitoring. As the connection of access...