Access Control on Remote Control
- Tightening the net. Knight, Helen // Engineer (00137758);5/1/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7651, p9
Reports on plans to deploy the X-Net, a British-built device capable of bringing suspect cars to a complete halt, in Iraq following successful use by the U.S. Marine Corps in Haiti. Key features of the X-Net; French military's decision to undertake trials of the device; Australian government's...
- Electronic tracking could be the key to access management. // International Fire & Security Product News;Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
Introduces the TRACcess electronic key control and entry tracking system launched by the GE Interlogix Commercial Group. Description of the system; Hardware requirements of TRACcess; Information on TRACkey.
- LOW-VOLTAGE SWITCHGEAR EASY TO USE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p124
The article introduces GE Consumer & Industrial's low-voltage switchgear solution called Entellisys. The switchgear has the ability to perform virtually all control, monitoring and diagnostic work outside the arc-flash protection boundary using its remote human-machine interface operations. The...
- PLANNING FOR THAT WIRELESS VIDEO JOB. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p66
The article discusses the factors to consider when planning a wireless video system. Technicians should determine what type of video system should be utilized, either via Internet protocol or analog. The use of a point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, or a mesh design in the system should also be...
- Ships-Security-Alert System. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p29
Reports that KVH Industries Inc. is offering the eTrac ships-security-alert system (SSAS). Use of the Inmarsat mini-C communications system in the equipment; Contact information.
- Lightweight ESM and DF Units. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p29
Reports that MRCM launched a new family of lightweight and low-power electronic support measures and direction-finding (DF) systems designed to address the specific requirements for high-performance man-portable and unmanned-aerial-vehicle equipment. Technology used in the system.
- 5 Five-Minute: TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2006, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p33
A quiz concerning electronic security systems is presented.
- UK: Encrypted Internal Drives Approved for Up-To-Top Secret Information. // International Journal of Micrographics & Optical Technology;2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p9
The article reports on the Communications Electronic Security Group (CESG)-Approved Product Scheme (CAPS) accreditation of Stonewood Group's Eclypt range of devices in Great Britain. It notes that the Eclypt range includes internal and external drives and USB memory stick. It points out that the...
- EXPERT TIPS ON MARKETING SECURITY. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p52
Provides tips on how to achieve the most effective marketing security to customers. Emphasis on the need to create a compelling message; Significance of getting the message noticed; Impact of colors and designs in the overall presentation of the product; Identification of five major components...