Some Sex Offenders are Working in Schools, Says GAO Report
- EDITORIAL. Bäβler (Herausgeber), Hans // Musik und Bildung;apr-jun2010, Issue 2, p1
An editorial is presented which discusses the abuse of schoolchildren by their teachers and professors. The author describes examples of news reports involving student abuse in areas such as Berlin, Germany, Hannover, Germany, and Regensburg, Germany. The author concludes that schools promoting...
- New legislation to protect students from inappropriate sexual conduct. Bloomberg, Michael R. // Filipino Reporter;6/8/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p24
The author discusses a legislation that offers school districts abilities to dismiss teachers who engage in acts of inappropriate sexual conduct against students. He said that the reform changes New York State Education Law 3020-a. Employees still have the right to file an appeal with New York...
- Teacher Admits Sex With Pupils. // ConVerse;Oct2010, p16
The article presents information on a woman teacher at Birkdale High School near Southport in Merseyside who admitted having sex with her two 15 year old pupils at her home.
- District investigating teacher's answers. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/12/2008, Issue 1068, p26
The article reports on the allegations of parents in Herriman, Utah to a Jordan School District teacher for violating the state law that limits what can be discussed in the classroom during the teacher's sex education class.
- GEORGIA: Teacher accused of threatening gay student. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/25/2009, Issue 1144, p21
The article reports on Randolph Forde, a teacher of Mundy's Mill High School who was charged with making terroristic threats with a 16-year-old student in Atlanta, Georgia.
- USA Swimming has 2nd list of people under scrutiny. NEWBERRY, PAUL // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/28/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 177, p9
The article offers information on a list of swimming coaches prepared by the USA Swimming organization who have been accused of unethical behavior and sexual misconduct.
- "Height of Hypocrisy". Hoesly, Dan // District Administration;Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Tougher Penalties for Abusive Teachers," published in the March 2008 issue.
- Teacher Ed. Group Notes Clearinghouse on Abuse. Einreinhofer, Roy J. // Education Week;3/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p30
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "States Weigh Plans to Address Educator Sexual Abuse," from the Associated Press in the February 2, 2008 issue.
- Ca. Coach's Religious Outreach Sparks Controversy. // Church & State;Oct2012, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p3
The article informs that the allegations made on football coach Mark Mariakis, at Ridgeland High School in Rossville, Georgia regarding violations of church-state separation has aroused controversy in the city.