PIV-I Credentials Provide Efficiency and Trust for State and Local Governments, Says White Paper
- Smart Card Pros Like Privacy. // Health Data Management;Feb2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
The article reports that the Smart Card Alliance, a multi-industry trade association, has endorsed recommendations for privacy authentication from the Privacy and Security Tiger Team of the HIT Policy Committee to govern the exchange of data between electronic health records systems, including a...
- Smart Card Summit speakers: now is the time for the EMV chip. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/27/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 31, p1
The article discusses highlights of the Smart Card Alliance Payments Summit held in February 2012 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Topic covered migration from magnetic stripe to the Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) chip technology. Speakers include Ed McLaughlin of MasterCard Worldwide, Jennifer Fischer...
- SMART CARD ALLIANCE ADDS MOBILE TO CONTACTLESS MISSION. // CardLine;9/26/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p7
The article reports on the expansion of Smart Card Alliance Inc.'s Contactless Payments Council in the U.S. Such expansion particularly includes the mobile payments and the new name of the said council will be Contactless and Mobile Payments Council. In addition, the said alliance states that...
- Smart Card Alliance Boosts EMV Efforts. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;7/11/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 106, p12
The article announces the nonprofit organization Smart Card Alliance has a website for consumers and merchants called EMV Connection, located at www.emv-connection.com, which provides information about EMV chip technology.
- Smart Card Alliance Now Looking to EMV. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;8/2/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 119, p16
Brief information is given about the Smart Card Alliance's EMV Migration Forum which encourages the use of EMV chip technology for payment systems in the U.S., noting four payment processing companies plan to switch to the EMV-based secure payment infrastructure.
- Smart Card Alliance Releases Specifications Guide to Streamline High Security Access Control Implementations. // Sensors;4/10/2015, p1
The article reports on the advancement of high security smart card-based physical access control systems (PACS) as the Smart Card Alliance released a tool "Guide Specification for Architects and Engineers for Smart Card-based PACS Cards and Readers for Non-government PACS."
- Smart Card Alliance Adds Mobile To Contactless Mission. // ISO & Agent Weekly;9/25/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p5
The article reports on the new development made by Smart Card Alliance Inc. in its Contactless Payments Council as it includes mobile payment in its list. It provides information on the new name given to the council, Conctactless and Mobile Payments Council, and its mission to expand matters and...
- Rivals Come Together To Work On U.S. EMV. Fitzgerald, Kate // ISO & Agent Weekly;8/9/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p1
The article reports the payment-card industry rivals in the U.S. have determined to work together and coordinate the work of switching the modern Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) chip card standard by 2015. It mentions that the industry executives and representatives from the card networks...
- Smart Card Alliance Offers Merchant Guide On Contactless Payment. // ISO & Agent Weekly;7/27/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p11
The article offers information about the merchant guide on contactless payment by Smart Card Alliance Inc. in the U.S., entitled "Accepting Contactless Payments: A Merchant Guide." It is reported that the guide represents the group's effort to spur merchants to begin accepting contactless...