True Crime Costs? ISU Researchers Think Anew
- A Serials Acquisitions Cost Study. Fowler, David C.; Arcand, Janet // Library Resources & Technical Services;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p107
This paper is based on time and cost studies conducted at Iowa State University (ISU) between 1986/87 and 2000/2001. Serials acquisitions functions were evaluated and examined with a view toward using the results as a management tool. Previous cost center papers by the authors and others focused...
- Revenue Generating Concerts at a Student-run Nightclub: Where to Beginâ€¦. Satterlee, Steven; Micalone, George // Campus Activities Programming;Apr2009, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p27
The article discusses the factors to consider when planning concerts run through a nightclub on campus. It tackles the financial goal of programming a concert taking into account the principal expenses of such a campus event, the ticket prices, marketing, venue capacity, merchandise, as well as...
- Determine your production cost for 2014. SWOBODA, ROD // Prairie Farmer;Feb2014, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the estimation of cost production with the use of the "Estimated Costs of Crop Production in Iowa," guide to figure cost of production by the Iowa State University and informs decrease in corn production cost and increase in soybean cost in 2014.
- Sharing the load. Suderman, Arlan // Farm Futures;May2012, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the spreadsheet developed by the Iowa State University for managing the contributions and returns of joint owners of a farm machinery to help them maintain a level playing field and a healthy working relationship.
- Sell corn for cash? // Wallaces Farmer;Sep2015, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p5
The article focuses on five steps provided by ISU (Iowa State University) Agriculture decision tool A2-32 for Corn Drying and Shrink Comparison works for sale price estimation of corn.
- Crop series scheduled. // Wallaces Farmer;Dec2015, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p34
The article reports on the 2016 Crop Advantage Series focusing on cost control and risk management offered by the Iowa State University Extension (ISU) to 14 locations from January 5-29, 2016 including Sheldon, Okoboji, and Burlington.
- 2013 Custom rate adjustments. Thiesse, Kent // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;12/ 3/2013, p2
The article discusses the annual Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey released by the Iowa State University in February 2013 to show the expected custom farm rates for various farm operations for 2014 according to custom operators, farm manages and agricultural lenders. It also discusses the "Machinery...
- Profit opportunities. JOHNSON, STEVE // Wallaces Farmer;Nov2012, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on crop production and market forecasts for the year 2013, in context to the agriculture production in the U.S. It emphasis on the sales of pre-harvest crops, and mentions that the input prices to remain stable in the year. It mentions economist Mike Duffy from Iowa State...
- Tailor Feeding To Fit Your Pigs, Budget. Vansickle, Joe // National Hog Farmer;9/15/2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p29
The article offers tips from Iowa State University Extension swine nutritionist John Patience for having an efficient feeding of sows. He cites two factors to consider when trying to minimize feeding costs in the breeding herd. These factors are nutritional changes in one area of the operation...