GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR BUDGET REDUCTIONS
- Managing Budget Cuts. // Student Affairs Leader;5/15/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p6
The article provides an answer to a question of how to manage budget cuts in the school budget.
- Sluggish economy means belt tighter for CTUIR budget. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the development of the 2013 budget of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) in Oregon, which is being affected by the sluggish economy.
- A New Message for Difficult Times. Knight, Bruce // Planning;Apr2011, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p56
In this article the author discusses the impact of the recession to the planning movements in the U.S.. He is critical on the economic planning made by the government that might lead to a wrong perception by the people. He investigates on the condition of the planning movement in the country, as...
- Americans Cut Back on Nonessentials. // Collector (0010082X);Jul2011, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on a study conducted by Bankrate.com, which revealed that many Americans are cutting back on nonessential expenditures like vacations particularly because of the increase in gasoline prices.
- Nashville Library Spared Budget Cut. // American Libraries;Aug2007, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p20
The article reports that the Nashville Library spared the planned budget cut for 2008 in Tennessee. The $1.57 billion FY 2008 budget restores the $800,000 that was planned to be sliced from the library's budget to balance the municipality's 2007-2008 books. City council members reallocated the...
- Are Furloughs Penny Wise But Pound Foolish? Edaburn, Patrick // Moderate Voice;12/14/2009, p2
The article presents the author's view on how the state government in the U.S. should manage the cut backs of its services to generate positive outcome to their budget. He suggests that they could make manage the budget cuts in accordance to the functions of the agencies. He cites the challenges...
- Florida Districts Slash Programs, Personnel. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;5/14/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p13
The article discusses budget cuts in the Florida education system. The article describes how Florida school districts are struggling to establish a budget after the state legislature elected to make cuts to education funding. Details are provided regarding the school districts' elimination of...
- Fate of String Programs Uncertain. // District Administration;Jun2010, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on a study titled "The Status of String and Orchestra Programs in United States Schools," which was released in February of 2010 by the National String Project Consortium. The study found that the number of U.S. students playing stringed instruments had increased from 18% in...
- Budget cuts lead many districts to consider used textbooks. // District Administration;Mar2010, Vol. 46 Issue 3, Special section p2
The article reports on an increase which has been seen in the number of school districts in the U.S. that have begun to consider using used textbooks in 2010 as a result of budget cuts. A discussion of school districts that are using used textbooks and have saved money as a result of using them...