Postcards From A Dentist Chair
- 8 most popular medical tourism destinations. Mayer, Kathryn // Benefits Selling;Nov2013, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p28
The article focuses on the most popular medical tourism destinations as of November 2013, according to consumer resource Patients Beyond Borders. Topics discussed include the visit of Americans to Mexico for dental work, health care savings generated in India and interest shown in cosmetic...
- Healthcare: The North Eyes South. PELÁEZ, ZAYRA // Latin Trade (English);May/Jun2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses the increasing interest among North American healthcare companies to expand in Latin America. One reason for this is the increasing cost of healthcare services in the U.S. The move by U.S.-based Methodist Hospital System subsidiary Methodist International to develop an...
- DEVELOPMENT OF DENTAL TOURISM IN TIMISOARA, ROMANIA. Sava, Cipriana // International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social ;2014, p183
The diversity of types and forms of tourism is supported by tourist resources and especially by tourists' motivation. Currently, the medical tourism is experiencing the greatest development, especially at European level, but not only. The main elements to support this form of tourism are the...
- Asia's medical tourism boom. // MICE Now;Winter2012/Spring2013, p11
The article reports on the health-conscious travelers flocking to Asian countries including Thailand, Singapore and South Korea to seek for more dental care, cosmetic surgery and spa treatments leading to the boom of Asia's medical tourism.
- South America. // CruiseGuide;10/19/2009, p32
The article reports on the increase of healthcare costs in South America resulting to the exploration of partnership between lodging and healthcare industries through medical tourism.
- Dental Nursing. // IDA Times;Oct2015, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses growth of Indian healthcare sector including dental healthcare sector driven by technological advancements, and talks about the status of dental nurses in India in terms of medical tourism.
- Medical Tourism Wins Award in International Forum. // Caribbean Business;10/13/2016, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the recognition of Puerto Rico with the 2016 Global Accreditation Destination of the Year Award by the Medical Tourism Association (MTA) during the ninth World Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Congress in Washington D.C.
- Issues of justice. Savulescu, Julian // Journal of Medical Ethics;Sep2011, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p517
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including health care of women with chronic psychosis in Canadian clinics, socioeconomic status (SES) of patients, and the study of several facilitators of medical tourism in Canada.
- Ambiguity Aversion: Theoretical Advances and Practical Implications. Lee, Jennifer J. // Journal of Marketing Thought;Nov2016, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p11
The present paper conceptually analyzes consumers' perceived uncertainty toward choices with unknown risk probability. The concept of "ambiguity" is examined building onto Ellsberg (1961)'s seminal research. In particular, the development of ambiguity aversion literature is systematically...