China's Secret Weakness
- Executive Summary. // China Business Forecast Report;2009 2nd Quarter, p5
The article provides a summary on Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) forecast concerning the business condition and political risk in China for the second quarter of 2009.
- The Dual Nature of the Imperial System and the Development of China's National Economy. Chen Qingde // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Summer2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the dual nature of the imperial system and the development of China's national economy. Social origin and basic structure of the imperial system; Market structure and operations under the imperial system; Formation and transformation of the center-margin development pattern of the...
- A Tale of Two Chinas. Schell, Orville // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p60
Looks at the development of China as of March 2003. History of China; Economic conditions; Political situation.
- Boom to live. Maher, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/26/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6352, p38
Analyzes the ability of Chinese leadership in maintaining the country's stable economic growth. Strategies of the political leaders to develop the economy; Economic conditions of China; Necessities for the economic development of the country.
- Where is China headed? Kaplan, Morton A. // World & I;Oct98, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p14
Editorial. Examines the economic and political future of China. Introduction of market economy in China; Issues and factors that will influence the future of China; Government corruption in China.
- Country Risk Summary: CHINA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p2
The article provides a summary of various political, economic and business related risks faced by China as of March 2003. In contrast to Beijing's recent efforts to align its foreign-policy stance with that of the U.S., China chose to stand by fellow members of the United Nations Security...
- Country Risk Summary: CHINA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p2
The article focuses on challenges faced by the Chinese government in its politics as well as economy. Huge demonstrations over proposed changes to Hong Kong's security legislation have changed into calls for greater democracy in the Chinese-governed territory. Faith in the Beijing leaders, in...
- Growth Accelerates In 2006. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Mar2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
The article presents the Business Monitor International's (BMI) report on political risk and macroeconomic prospects in China. The country's economy has grown by 10.7 percent in 2006. BMI sees upside risks to its forecast of 9.7 percent real gross domestic product growth in 2007. A gradual...
- RISK SUMMARY: CHINA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
The article reports developments related to China's economy and politics. Vice-Premier Zeng Peiyan has completed a brief tour of the South Pacific in early April 2007, as the country's battles with cross-strait rival Taiwan to gain the initiative in diplomatic recognition, as well as to secure...