- Cultural Translation and Identity Performance: A Case of Chinese Business People in Australia. Shuang Liu; Louw, Eric // China Media Report Overseas;Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p106
This study investigates the interdependency of economic, socio-cultural and individual aspects of the identity negotiation experience of Chinese business people in Brisbane, Australia. Findings from semi-structured interviews conducted with 30 Chinese business owners indicated that their ability...
- Development of overseas Chinese farms. WU xin // US-China Law Review;Dec2010, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p21
No abstract available.
- Doing business in Saudi Arabia. Spinks, Nigel // Accountancy;Jun76, Vol. 87 Issue 994, p88
Examines the advantages and disadvantages of business transaction in Saudi Arabia. Effect of the revision of oil prices; Introduction of five year social and industrial development plan; Requirement of worker immigration.
- Overseas Chinese. Wickberg, Edgar // Chinese America: History & Perspectives;2002, p1
The article presents information on overseas Chinese studies. It says that its scope includes anything and everything about ethnic Chinese who live, or have lived in the past, outside of China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. The literature of the study comprises everything from...
- Encuentro con el pintor Pedro Eng. Luis, Mitzi Espinosa // Afro-Hispanic Review;Spring2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p244
The article focuses on Cuban painter Pedro Eng and his painting "La virgen de Regla recibe a los culÃes chinos." The author comments on the author's influences and inspiration for this work. The painting, inspired by the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first Chinese immigrant workers...
- "71" Series Photo Essay. Lau, Maria // Afro-Hispanic Review;Spring2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p247
A photo essay reflecting on Chinatown in Havana, Cuba and the 1916 arrival of the author's grandfather in Cuba.
- Through the Back Door: Evading the Chinese Exclusion Act along the Niagara Frontier, 1900 to 1924. Siener, William H. // Journal of American Ethnic History;Summer2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article presents an exploration into the trafficking of Chinese immigrants into the United States through Canada at the Niagara border in the early 20th century. Details are given outlining the legal structures established in both countries to limit Chinese immigration, the highly organized...
- Migration from China to Slovakia. Ondris, Peter // International Issues & Slovak Foreign Policy Affairs;2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p78
While numerous specialist studies about Chinese communities have been published in other countries in the region, this is not the case in Slovakia. Therefore there is a general lack of information about the Chinese community in Slovakia. The objective of this study is, at least partially, to...
- Snakeheads and Smuggling: The Dynamics of Illegal Chinese Immigration. Keefe, Patrick Radden // World Policy Journal;Spring2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p33
The article discusses illegal Chinese emigration to countries throughout the world. While no one can state the exact number of ethnic Chinese living outside of China, the author states, estimates range from 40-50 million or more. Topics include Chinese who live outside of China who send money...