Inviting Employees to Your Focus Group
- The Do's and Don'ts for Simplifying SPDs. Umpierrez, Amanda // Plan Sponsor News;11/23/2016, p6
The article presents recommendations in writing a simplified Summary Plan Description employee reference tool citing the inclusion of carrier and type, provision of glossary, examples and checklist, and the implementation of the statistics tool Flesch-Kincaid and focus group discussions.
- How Americans Are Managing Postretirement Risk and What Employers Should Do to Respond. Rappaport, Anna M. // Benefits Quarterly;2014 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p8
This article discusses results of the Society of Actuaries' "2013 Post-Retirement Survey" and insights from focus groups about retirement. Topics covered include the implications of the survey and information from focus groups for employers in terms of benefit programs and benefit educational...
- TEST FLIGHT. Barton, Tynan // Employee Benefits;Aug2011, p37
The article focuses on the implementation of a pilot scheme in identifying the effectiveness of a proposed benefit in an organisation. It states that prior to the beginning of a pilot scheme, the employer must first identify the outcomes and results it will achieve. It mentions that focus groups...
- PICKS OF THE POPS. Jones, Ben // Employee Benefits;May2010, p33
The article discusses the flexible and voluntary benefits schemes in Great Britain. It states that the scheme enable employees to choose and adjust what kind of perks they wanted. It notes that the schemes can be determined in two ways which are staff surveys and focus groups that can provide...
- How women are changing the benefits industry. Winn, Melissa A. // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;10/ 2/2014, p1
A panel of some of EBA's Most Influential Women in Benefit Advising discuss how women are claiming a role in the benefits industry.
- Putting the spotlight on employees. Davis, Andrea // Employee Benefit News;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p8
The article offers advice for American employers planning to implement a high-deductible, consumer-driven health plan for employees. Denise Donnelly of Mercer suggests employers to conduct employee focus groups to solicit feedback from employees about the plan. It offers tips on how to conduct a...
- Gilt scheme and NIC. // Accountancy;Nov87, Vol. 100 Issue 1131, p60
Discusses two possible problems relating to the payment of bonuses to employees in the form of gilt edged stock in Great Britain.
- Weighing in on mid-year bonuses. GRAY, ANDI // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/19/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 16, p15
The article provides an answer to a question on what basis the bonuses should be given to employees.
- Think Twice about Spending that Bonus. SILLIN, NATHANIEL // Ellis County Press;11/19/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p3
The article offers the author's view on how to spend bonuses which is an amount of money added to wages on a seasonal basis, especially as a reward for good performance.