Mobile Apps for Planners
- The iPad's Cool Factor. Heires, Katherine // Financial Planning;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p43
The article focuses on the increasing use of the Apple iPad by financial advisors to attract and impress clients. Providers and Web-based portals like Finantix, Northstar and InfoHedge Technologies, have reportedly been helping Apple Inc. by either working on iPad-compatible applications or...
- HOT TOPICS. D. M. // Financial Planning;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p24
This section offers business news briefs as of March 2011. According to Schwab Advisor Services, 109 merger-and-acquisition transactions were made in 2010 with a registered investment advisory (RIA), 58% of which were small business with under 500 million dollars in assets. Finantix, providers...
- Pershing Advisor Solutions Partners with Bin Zayed. // EmergingMarketsNOW;2/4/2008, p15
The article reports that Pershing Advisors Solutions and its affiliate, Pershing, have announced signing a partnership with Bin Zayed Group, a Dubai-headquartered conglomerate with diverse business interests globally, to provide clearing, trading, and financial services outsourcing solutions....
- Clearing as Commodity. Garmhausen, Steve // Financial Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the growing number of clearing firms in the U.S. that are developing and rolling out products and services for financial planners. Areas of focus for clearing firms; Improvement plans of Pershing on its statements; Scope of the sponsored fee program plans of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.;...
- Next-Generation Leadership. Bruckenstein, Joel // Financial Planning;Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p61
The article describes the technology upgrade made by U.S. clearing company and technology provider Pershing to its platforms for financial advisors. Pershing is expected to release the second generation of its NetX360 technology platform and NetXInvestor client portal in late 2013. Pershing's...
- Review: Tamarac's New iPad App. Bruckenstein, Joel // Financial-planning.com;1/29/2015, p5
The article reviews the Tamarac iPad application for financial advisors.
- After Advent Buyout, Black Diamond Will Remain Service Focused. Mitchell, Donna // Financial-planning.com;5/14/2011, p1
Hess said he expects to close the transaction by the end of the second quarter. Colley said the idea of joining Advent is not about the deal itself, but what will happen in the subsequent days and months.
- Fidelity Picks Black Diamond. Menchaca, Paul // American Banker;9/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 148, p7
The author reports that a portfolio management solution from portfolio manager Black Diamond Performance Reporting is being used by mutual fund company Fidelity Investments.
- Young & Rich: Ready to Skip Advisors for Mobile Apps. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;4/2/2015, p1
Young HNW investors are very comfortable with digital wealth management tools, and many don't even have (or seem to need) an advisor.