A Measurement of the Effect of the Financial Crisis: Consumption …
- Somatic pedagogies: Critiquing and resisting the affective discourse of the neoliberal state from an embodied anarchist perspective. Firth, Rhiannon // Ephemera: Theory & Politics in Organization;Nov2016, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p121
This paper takes as its context widespread feelings of anxiety within neoliberal society caused by a combination of material and discursive factors including precarious access to work and resources. It is argued that the state uses 'discourses of affect' to produce compliant subjects able to...
- Editorial Statement. // Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy & Society;Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the "Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society," which aims to discuss issues related to economic performance and well-being to gather interest from readers.
- INTERGENERATIONAL SOLIDARITY, ECONOMIC ADVERSITY, AND PSYCHOLOGICAL WELL- BEING OVER TIME. Putney, N.; Greenwell, L.; Bengtson, V. L. // Gerontologist;Oct1996 Supplement, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p62
Does intergenerational solidarity affect psychological well-being in the face of economic adversity, and for whom? This study examines the effects on psychological depression of a recent decline in one's standard of living, separately among middle-aged (G3) and young-old (G2) members of...
- Happy Planet Index. // Swaziland Country Review;2013, p125
A table is presented which ranks several countries according to the happy planet index including Costa Rica, Philippines and Madagascar.
- Tourvest to introduce well-being sub-sector. Pentol, Andrew // Duty-Free News International;Jul2015, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p7
The article informs that Tourvest Inflight Retail Services will introduce a new well-being sub-sector to its offerings.
- What are the Determinants of Health Status in Latin America and the Caribbean? Greenidge, Kevin; Stanford, Sunielle // Central Bank of Barbados Economic Review;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p22
Health is one factor that improves the quality of life and well-being of people and thus, researchers have investigated various aspects that influence health outcomes of a society. The conceptual literature points to several factors which influence health status and these can broadly be grouped...
- APHSA Launches Center for Child and Family Well-Being. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Oct2016, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p33
The article reports on the launch of Center for Child and Family Well-Being by nonprofit organization American Public Human Services Association (APHSA) with a solid foundation and quality construction for children.
- Comments and Discussion. Corrado, Carol // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1996, Issue 2, p120
Presents the authors' opinion on a study by Matthew D. Shapiro about the macroeconomic implications of variation in the workweek of capital. Impact of the variation in capital hours on the cyclicality of manufacturing productivity; Discussion of Shapiro's presentation of statistical...
- A REALLY BIG Black Swan. Goekler, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;6/23/2010, p2
The author focuses on trends in the U.S. related to economic and social well-being which he considers as the greatest national security risk facing the country as of 2010. He states that according to writer Gus Lubin one of the trends is that 50% of the nation has only 2.5% of the wealth. He...