STATS & FACTS
- WALL ST./FINANCE. // MondayMorning;3/28/2011, Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the performance of securities market in the U.S. in March 2011. It informs that Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc., world index of stocks in 45 countries, increased in the said month. It is stated that the Chicago Board Options Exchange's Volatility Index declined...
- CBOE Bets On Volatility Trading. Caruthers, Renee // Traders Magazine;Jan2014, Vol. 26 Issue 359, p1
The article informs that the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) has launched benchmark volatility index Short-Term Volatility Index (VXST) which will provide information of past nine days related to volatility triggered by market events, such as earnings and government reports. As per Ed...
- Markets. // MondayMorning;1/14/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information on the financial market performance in the U.S. It informs that profit bookings increased in the banking sector and inflation increased in China due to decrease in the volatility index of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. It highlights that there had been decrease...
- Volatility cycles and stock trends. SIMONS, HOWARD L. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2015, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the cycles of European volatility in insurance and financial markets and its relationship with major equity indexes moves. Topics discussed include Standard & Poor's 100 Index as a basis of volatility calculations since 1970s to form volatility index of Chicago Board...
- Korea and Taiwan remain 'emerging'. // Money Management;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p8
The article reports that Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) Taiwan Index and MSCI Korea Index, stock market indexes, will remain their status as emerging market.
- Add volatility index to market toolbox. Suderman, Arlan // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Feb2012, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p101
The article offers brief information on the volatility index or VIX, commonly known as the fear index which is an indicator of market expectations of near-term volatility from the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
- Add the VIX to your market toolbox. Suderman, Arlan // Missouri Ruralist;Feb2012, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p81
The article focuses on the use of the volatility index from the Chicago Board of Options Exchange as an indicator of market expectations of near-term volatility that is conveyed by S&P 500 stock-index option prices in the U.S.
- Why The CBOE Volatility Index Helps Pinpoint Market Bottoms. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;12/11/2013, pB05
If something is volatile, it has a tendency to evaporate rapidly or, according to the Latin root of the word, to be fleeting, transitory.
- DÃ©jÃ Vu. Britton, Diana // Registered Rep;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p26
The article presents the coincidence of Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) Volatility Index for October 3, 2011 which closed at 45.45 and at 45.45 on the same day of 2008 as well as the S&P 500 Index (SPX) closed at 1,099.23 on October 3, 2011 and on the same day of 2008 closed at 1,099.23.