- SINCE YOU ASKED. Lott, Annya M. // Black Enterprise;Jul2010, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p54
The article presents an answer to a question on qualifying for a human resources management job.
- A LITTLE TECHNOLOGY... // HR Professional;May/Jun2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses different reports in the journal on use of cloud computing and knowledge sharing to help human resources personnel in dealing with high number of job applications when employee hiring is advertised.
- TIPS FOR INTERNATIONALS LOOKING TO CANADA. // HR Professional;May/Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p16
The article offers tips from several individuals within the human resource industry for international human resource personnel looking for job in Canada including Claude Balthazard, Keith Hernandez, and Tom Kaufmann.
- Background Checks HIT BOTTLENECK. // HR Professional;May/Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the issues faced by hiring managers on checking criminal records of applicants within the vulnerable sectors including construction, medical, and law enforcement.
- Outside the Box... or Out of Their Minds? // T+D;Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p13
The article presents an overview of the results of a survey conducted by consulting firm CareerBuilder on hiring managers and Human Resources professionals in the U.S. about the most memorable techniques used by job applicants.
- The Right Way to Treat Applicants. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p10
Presents information on the treatment of job applicants by human resource professionals and employers. Complaints of job applicants against employers; Effect of a negative employment image on a company.
- Recruit better with strengths based interviewing. CRUSH, PETER; FARAQHER, JO; JEFFERY, ROBERT; KIRTON, HAYLEY; LEWIS, GRACE; SCOTT, ANNA; WALLER, DAVID // People Management;May2014, p34
The article suggests human resource (HR) professionals to use the strengths-based interviewing approach for better recruitment outcome. Examples of commonly-asked questions in job interviews are cited. Also discussed are the advantages of a strength-based interview over the traditional method,...
- Untitled. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;7/21/2009, p16
The article presents opinion of various people on a letter from A.J. Martin about 'rude' human resource (HR) people published in the June 23, 2009 issue of the journal. According to Wanda Stewart-Lee, it is frustrating not to get a response from job applications, but it is also true that it is...
- What's New. // HR Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p130
The article features products and services for human resource personnel, including iVantage 4.0 human resource information systems from Spectrum Human Resource Systems Corp., Nakisa OrgManagement Series 2007 software package from Nakisa Inc. and an automated recruiting and electronic job...