PEOPLE & POSTS
- MOVERS & SHAKERS: Duxfield moves over to G4S Secure Solutions. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/24/2011, p32
The article announces the appointment of Julian Duxfield as regional human resource (HR) director at the iternational security firm G4S Secure Solutions.
- The last of the Harlem Renaissance passes. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;09/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p5
Pays tribute to Louise Thompson Patterson, a prominent advocate for the Harlem Renaissance movement in New York City. Educational attainment; Membership in New York's Congressional Society, a liberal organization interested in the problems of race relations and labor; Involvement with the...
- Excavating our history: The importance of biographies of... Wilkerson, Margaret B. // Black American Literature Forum;Spring90, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the biographies of Lorraine Hansberry and memoirs of Louise Thompson Patterson in the hope to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the theatre history. Experiences that shaped their political views; Personal imperatives that results in their theatrical achievements; Hansberry and...
- Software Provides Solutions for Enterprise Functions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p56
The article offers brief information on the OneFacility software suite from G4S Security Solutions.
- Reservoir security boost. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on G4S Secure Solutions' provision of an electronic security protection system to Sutton & East Surrey Water in Great Britain. To be installed at reservoirs are CNIguard smart sensoring systems as stipulated in the contract. G4S's leadership in infrastructure protection...
- Fourth UN agency in Jordan dumps G4S. Silver, Charlotte // Electronic Intifada;12/6/2016, p1
The article reports that the United Nations' World Food Program (WFP) has terminated its contract with the security provider G4S in Jordan after persuasion by the Jordan boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) activists; and also mentions that WFP is the fourth UN agency to end its contract.
- Digital Shuffle. Gasulla, Sabrina // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p148
The article offers news briefs related to technology in the U.S. 2011. Speco Technologies launched a new redesigned website which features top navigation and engaging graphics. A G4S Secure Solutions marketing campaign has turned into a global fundraising effort after a song intended to...
- Storm brewing as CEO slams poor-quality HR. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;4/27/2004, p1
Difficulties in recruiting an HR director has prompted Colin Povey, the chief executive of Carlsberg UK to hit out at the low calibre of senior executives in the profession. Speaking exclusively to "Personnel Today," Povey said major changes needed to be made to the industry's professional...
- The long road ahead. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;12/6/2005, p1
The article presents information on Julian Duxfield, Human Resource (HR) director at the Department for Transport (DfT), Great Britain. As part of the government's public sector efficiency drive, his department is committed to saving Â£785millions per annum by 2007-08. He is also fully engaged...