Will proposed tribunal reforms deter claims? The jury's still out
- INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT SPECIAL STIPULATIONS OTHER THAN THOSE PROVIDED BY THE LABOUR CODE. Hurbean, Ada // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;2011, p181
The individual employment contract parties can negotiate and provide stipulations that govern their juridical labour relations, other than those stipulated by Labour Code, according with the paraghraph1 article 20 of the bill in discussion. In principle, this legal liberty is the expression of...
- New York WARN Act - New Burdens on Employers. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article offers information on the New York State Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (NYWA), which goes into effect on February 1, 2009. The NYWA, even though based on the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act (WARN), adds new concepts that are unclearly drafted and...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Jan2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses two employment law cases in North Carolina, one on the eligibility of employees injured on site during breaks for workers' compensation benefits and another on the ability of employees who represent themselves to change their mind and hire a lawyer instead.
- Weigh retaliation risk when firing worker who has complained of discrimination. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Jun2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p3
The article offers information on the basis for terminating an employee who recently filed a discrimination claim.
- Section 301 of the Labor Management relations Act: Preemption of State Retaliatory Discharge Torts for Filing Workers' Compensation Claims in the Second and Seventh Circuits Under the Allis-Chalmer Corp. v. Lueck Analysis. Mikos, William Robert // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring88, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1051
Examines Section 301 of the United States Labor Management Relations Act. Provisions of the regulation; Preemptive effect of the section on state law actions of retaliatory discharge for filing workers' compensation claims.
- Jury trial approved for retaliatory discharge claims. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Jan2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information on a lawsuit filed by an employee claiming he was fired by his employer after seeking compensation benefits and later demanded a jury trial.
- Statistica oficialÄƒ Ã®n RomÃ¢nia - prevederi legislative ÅŸi principii fundamentale. SACALĂ, Cristina; GÂLCEAVĂ, Ioan B. // Romanian Statistical Review;
No abstract available.
- FORM: Document Type and Document Titles for ADJ Cases. // California Workers' Comp;2014, p1
The article offers information on the document types and titles for approved document J (ADJ) cases including 10770.5 verification birth, amended application for adjudication, and amended stipulations.
- GETTING EVEN WITH STEVEN. Williams, Audrey // People Management;5/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the procedures for dealing with equal value claims under the Employment Act of 2002 in Great Britain. Significance of a job evaluation scheme to a claimant; Reasons for reforming the procedure for hearing equal value claims; Responsibilities of tribunals on the issue.