Staying in style
- Turnover turnaround. Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;2/10/2004, p27
This article describes how time and attendance software has helped New Look Inc., the largest women fashion retailer in Great Britain, cut staff turnover and improve the bottom line. To complete the turnaround, a recent staff survey showed employees to be "extremely satisfied," and at the end of...
- New Look. // Personnel Today;Personnel Today Awards 2003, p21
New Look Inc. received the Northgate Empower HR A ward For Excellence in HR through Technology. New Look is one of the fastest growing retailers in Great Britain selling its own range of clothing through its 500 stores, with an annual turnover of Â£600m. The company created a competency-based...
- Microsoft Business Solutions Award for Excellence in HR through Technology. // Personnel Today;10/14/2003, p20
The article offers information on companies that have been nominated for the Microsoft Business Solutions Award for Excellence in Human Resource (HR) through Technology, according to category judge Norman McQueen. Liverpool Direct Ltd. is impressive in its ability to bring together all the...
- New Look. Rosandic, Nina // Marketing (00253650);3/9/2011, p20
The article discusses the financial struggles of budget clothing chain New Look Retailers Ltd. caused by the slump of its sales during the month of January in Great Britain.
- New Look orders major overhaul of its website. // New Media Age;12/3/2009, p07
The article reports that New Look is undergoing a major revamp of its website in an effort to be the leading international, multi-channel value fashion brand.
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.