Local authority shared services 'secure HR's future.'
- City of Hampton: A public deployment of corporate tactics. Anfuso, Dawn // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p70
Focuses on human resource management strategies in the city of Hampton, Virginia. Selection as recipient of `Personnel Journal' magazine's 1995 Optimas Awards; Success of the city government's reengineering efforts; Transition of employee base into self-directed work teams; Revamp of...
- City Personnel Management: Issues and Reforms. West, Jonathan P. // Public Personnel Management;Fall84, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p317
Focuses on issues and reforms in city personnel management in the U.S. Inadequacies in managerial flexibility; Limitations on executive leadership; Emphasis on control rather than service functions.
- WINNERS & LOSERS IN THE FIGHT FOR JOBS. // Fortune;9/20/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p24
Presents a table that lists five U.S. cities that have lost the most jobs and five cities that have gained the most jobs, since June 1990. Reasons for the job losses in various cities.
- SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP: THE ROLE OF HRM IN YOUTH EMPLOYMENT. Ellis, Crystal L. // European Journal of Management;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p93
With the continuous rise of youth issues (Riley, 1999), it is vital that we learn how to improve this in surrounding communities. The focus of social entrepreneurship (SE) is on finding innovative ways to provide solutions to society's issues. With long-term effects being most important, youth...
- ROLL CALL. // American City & County;Apr2004, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p22
Reports on executive appointments at several cities and counties in the U.S., as of April 1, 2004. Gary Runco at Wilbur Smith Associates; Donald Skorka at Custom Design Communications; Daniel York at Berryman & Henigar.
- Characteristics of Small Hospitality Businesses: A Study in an Urban Setting in Turkey. Akbaba, Atilla // FIU Hospitality Review;Fall2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p42
The aim of this study was to contribute to the growing body of knowledge concerning small hospitality businesses (SHBs) through an analysis of selected aspects of SHBs in an urban setting, namely Akcakoca, Turkey. Particular attention was given to the characteristics of businesses, finance,...
- Capital Examples. McCurry, John W. // Site Selection;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p236
The article discusses the effort of four cities in the U.S. to make various developments despite the effect of global economic crisis. These cities, which include Austin, Texas, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Little Rock, Arkansas, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, are managing to create jobs for its...
- Virginia: Bailey Named Director. // Parks & Recreation;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p68
This article reports that Patty Bailey, former acting park and recreation director for the city of Pico Rivera in California, had been promoted to full-time director. She replaces Cindy Lu-Gans, who retired in May. In her new role, Bailey will be responsible for implementing the parks and...
- Manager's Choice. Behn, Bob // Governing;Dec1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p43
Discusses an approach taken by Tanisha Foushee, director of personnel for Zenith City, in terminating an incompetent employee in 1998. Scope of the approach; Limitations of the strategy; Results of the approach.