Charities welcome vetting changes
- Regulation with Rosie. Chapman, Rosie // Third Sector;4/7/2009, p20
The article discusses the legal implications of mandatory retirement for British employers, especially nonprofit groups. The European Court of Justice ruled that direct discrimination by age can be justified only on social grounds, not for commercial reasons. Thus British nonprofit groups are...
- Law & Governance - Checklist. // Third Sector;10/30/2012, Issue 728, p17
The author shares insights for chairpersons of not-for-profit organisations in Great Britain on how to deal with underperforming trustees.
- Texas Peanut Producers Board to hold election. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/9/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the election to be held by the Texas Peanut Producers Board for two expiring directors' position on January 9, 2014 until January 23, 2014.
- Voting open to find nonprofit 'Good Guy'. // Inside Tucson Business;5/24/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p7
The article provides information on the Goodmans Eye for the Good Guy contest which will award 20,000 U.S. dollars office renovation to the winning nonprofit director.
- Healthcare foundation president thankful. MOCZYGEMBA, ALTON // Wilson County News;8/12/15, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p15A
A photograph showing a thankful president during the Consolata Healthcare Foundation's annual Denim & Diamonds Casino Night in Floresville, Texas on August 1, 2015.
- Good citizenship. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;5/4/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p6
The article offers information on Toni Anderson, program director for the Green Butterfly Project (GBP) of the nonprofit organization Camp Butterfly in Chicago, Illinois, whose duties includes building the project's program infrastructure, solicitation of funding and sponsorship opportunities,...
- DEAR READERS. Kelly, Gary C. // Latino Leaders;Sep2010, p12
The article profiles Latina Veronica Torres, a board member who is involved with more than 10 nonprofit organizations and an ambassador for the city of Dallas, Texas.
- Wild Ones Honorary Directors. // Wild Ones Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, Special section p3
A list of the honorary directors of Wild Ones is presented, which includes Thomas Barnes, Joyce Bender and Neil Diboll.
- NACSW BOARD ELECTION RESULTS. Freeman, Dexter // Catalyst Newsletter;Apr2011, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p2
The article announces the final results of the North American Association of Christians in Social Work's (NACSW) board election wherein David Cecil was chosen as its president.