LINKS & NOTES
- Strongest links. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;11/5/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p66
The article reports on activities at the annual conference and exhibition of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) related to online methods for networking and information-sharing among members. Events include "Communities Live" sessions, blogging on www.twitter.com and a...
- First CIPD MOOC will boost digital skills. // People Management;Dec2014, p51
The article reports the launching by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of its inaugural massive open online collaboration (MOOC) course at the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition held in Manchester, England in late 2014. The course titled "Working Digitally: Social...
- Embrace online learning, HR urged. // People Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses the highlights of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) HRD conference that was held from April 21 to 23, 2009 in London, England. Consultant Charles Jennings claimed that learning and development specialists lack innovation in electonic learning....
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.