Growth fails to balance out public-sector cuts
- Job market: the countdown conundrum. // Works Management;Aug2004, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p5
Presents the view of the Chartered Institute of Personal and Development (CIPD) of a rise in unemployment in the three months to May 2004 in the manufacturing sector and other underlying market trends. Comment of John Philpott, chief economist of CIPD, regarding the rise in unemployment; Result...
- Scottish councils 'need skills data.'. Maclachlan, Rob // People Management;3/25/2010, p12
The article discusses the need for human resources (HR) in Scotland's local authorities to ensure that workforce data on existing and future skills needs will be useful during the implementation of job reduction schemes in the public sector.
- HESTA first for Indigenous reconciliation. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the launch of a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) by HESTA, a superannuation fund, to increase equity among Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and non-Indigenous Australians.
- Does performance pay work in the public sector? Ray, Kathryn // Employee Benefits;Nov2014, Issue Nov2014, p22
The article presents the author's views on the use of performance-related pay (PRP) system in private and public sector, its advantages and its negative effect on workforce.
- Anger reaches boiling point across Canadian workforce. Ceausu, Joel // Personnel Today;7/27/2004, p9
This article presents information related to management in the Canadian workforce. Rapid change, cynicism towards management and pressure in Canada's public sector workplace has coincided with soaring depression and anger rates, according to a new report. It found that the number of provincial...
- Sourcing the apprentices. Donohue, Neil // Public Finance;7/17/2009, p20
In this article, the author focuses on the public sector organization to take more trainees to avoid potential shortages in Great Britain. He ascertains that the economic change would make it hard for the business sector in its workforce and that the 1990 economic depression has lead impact on...
- Pay Inequality in Turkey in the Neo-Liberal Era, 1980-2001. Elveren, Adem Y.; Galbraith, James K. // European Journal of Comparative Economics;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p177
This paper examines pay inequality in Turkish manufacturing annually from 1980 to 2001. Using the between-group component of Theil's T statistic, we decompose the evolution of inequality by geographic region, province, sub-sector and by East-West distinction both for private and public sectors....
- BRICKS & MORTAR. // Business North Carolina;Jan2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p104
The article discusses the growth of the manufacturing industry in three North Carolina counties namely the Lincoln County, Gaston County and Catawba County.
- Manufacturing in Ohio. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2000, p15
Reports the concentration of employment on manufacturing industries in Ohio. Decline in manufacturing's share of total employment from 1980-1990; Factors affecting the composition of the manufacturing workforce; Increase in the income of manufacturing workers in the area.