ECS Gets FEMA Award for Training and Assessment Tools
- FEMA Seeks Planning and Technical Assistance Support. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p19
The article deals with the pre-solicitation notice issued by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) which seeks deliberate and adaptive planning and technical assistance for various emergency management programs and initiatives.
- FEMA director announces public/private partnership to change the way businesses deal with natural .. // PA Times;Jun98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Wall Street's Contingency Planning Exchange have launched a partnership to change the way businesses across the country deal with natural disasters. Objectives of Project Impact: Building Disaster Resistant Communities and Joint...
- The FEMA phoenix. Franklin, Daniel // Washington Monthly;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p38
Spotlights the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the United States. Background; Administrative functions; Mission; Criticisms of FEMA's work; Reviews of FEMA performance.
- FEMA to let L.A. decide how to spend federal relief funds. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;11/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p21
Reports on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) grant of approval for Los Angeles County hospitals damaged by the 1994 Northridge earthquake, to spend federal disaster relief funds as they see fit. Negotiations between county hospitals and FEMA; Policy as contrary to the county's...
- Called by disaster. Harrington, T. // Yankee;Aug89, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p82
First-hand account of life as a reservist working with disasters for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Pushed to the limit. Manning, S. // Scholastic Update;12/15/89, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p12
Studies the federal government's ability to handle major catastrophes, in light of two recent natural disasters, Hurricane Hugo and the Northern California earthquake. Role of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Criticisms of FEMA's performance.
- Earthquake test goes to Boston. // Engineered Systems;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Boston was selected by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as the site for the second pilot test of the new Earthquake Loss Estimate Methodology. Goals of test.
- One dang thing after another. // State Legislatures;Mar97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the damaged caused by Hurricane Fran of 1996 that devastated several states in the United States wherein the Federal Emergency Management Agency provided relief assistance to those affected.
- How FEMA learned to stop worrying about civilians and love the bomb. Gup, Ted // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on efforts to dismantle the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) doomsday installations created to help the United States government survive a nuclear attack. Origins of the doomsday establishment; Flaws in the doomsday plan; Need to redefine the FEMA's primary mission. INSET:...