OSI Systems [OSIS]: American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: OSI Systems Nabs Up to $60M in New Contracts
- Deja vu. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;05/08/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p98
Calls for reforms in awarding government contracts in Orange County, California. Lobbyist-driven method of awarding county contracts; Rebid of exclusive taxicab contract for John Wayne Airport.
- Departments can keep savings from Internet pilot. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;04/06/2001, p10
Reports on the electronic tendering pilot project called TenderTrust in Great Britain which is being overseen by the Office of Government Commerce. Expected savings to contractors; Conduct of tendering over the Internet; Use of smart card technology; Savings from the project to be kept by the...
- PUBLIC NOTICES. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/25/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p8B
The article offers information on bids for public contracts in Burnet, Texas.
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p25
Presents news briefs from the United Arab Emirates, compiled as of February 5, 1999. Includes Al-Jaber Transport ^ & General Contracting Establishment's entry of the lowest bid for a public road construction contract; Public works contract received by Parkman Consultants to redesign a stretch...
- Millions wasted on scrapped tenders. // Supply Management;5/27/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p08
The article reports that millions are wasted annually by private sector firms from putting together bids for tenders for public sector work that are later withdrawn, according to a report by Ocurem, a British specialist procurement consultancy company.
- `Lowest price rarely means best value'. Rose, Norman // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug97, Issue 6, p24
Discusses the abolition of compulsory competitive tendering of contracts in Great Britain. Advantage of provisions in service bids compared with those awarded directly; Accreditation as an ideal benchmark; Guidance on procurement issued by the British government.
- Board Adopts M/WBE Policy. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 7, pB13
Reports that the Convention and Arena Authority (CAA) has adopted the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan's Minority and Women Business Enterprise policy as its guideline for awarding contracts and getting minority subcontractors involved in public construction projects. Hiring of Erhardt-Hunt to...
- Factoring quality into best value. Lloyd, Peter // Public Finance;10/15/99, p26
Comments on the importance of balancing price and quality when evaluating bids for public contracts in Great Britain. Description of price/quality models recommended to evaluate bids; Awards criteria covering areas such as functional characteristics, proposals for contract management and...
- Five chase Â£23m-plus Durham school work. // Contract Journal;12/4/2002, Vol. 416 Issue 6406, p8
Reports on the bidding for an educational construction scheme in County Durham in England. Value of the contract; Bidders for the contract; Works involved in the school scheme.