FLIR Systems [FLIR]: FLIR Introduces New Chemical Identification System
- FLIR Introduces New Version of Fido. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/8/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p7
The article previews the Fido NXT explosives trace detection system from FLIR Systems.
- FLIR Systems - The Innovations One Stop Shop. // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p55
An interview with David J. Smith, Vice President of Business Development at FLIR Systems Inc. is presented. When asked about his comment on their new business unit, FLIR Integrated Systems Inc., he says that they now design the best integrated products and capabilities in house. He mentions that...
- Europe toughens accidents directive. M.R. // Chemical Week;5/3/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the proposal made by the European Commission on the control of major accident hazards involving dangerous substances. Need to revise safety policies; Notification of relevant authorities before making significant changes in the number of dangerous substances on site.
- Comprehensive neurotoxicity assessment. Kulig, Beverly M. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Apr96 Supplement 2, Vol. 104, p317
Presents an overview of neurotoxicity assessment strategies. Recommendation from panels and committees for a tiered approach to neurotoxicity assessment; Tests for quantifying clinical signs of motor impairment; Assessment of effects on sensory function.
- New trichloroethylene labelling is on its way. // Product Finishing;May2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p14
Presents question and answer advisory concerning trichloroethylene classification imposed in the European Union countries. Accomplishment of trichloroethylene legislation on workplace safety; Requirement on occupational exposure levels; Substitution of trichloroethylene with chlorinated solvents.
- Cooper Responds. Cooper, Dominic // Professional Safety;Feb2004, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p60
Presents a response to a letter concerning risk assessment of hazardous substances.
- India Developing e-dog to Sniff out Explosives. // Siliconindia;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the development of electronic-dog (e-dog), a prototype being developed by Indian scientists to be used for detecting explosives.
- Household Poisons. Kane, Ed // Cats Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p40
Provides information on household poisons and ways on keeping cats safe. Common behavior of household cats; Types of household chemicals or substances that may injure or harm cats; What to do when cats accidentally ate toxic substances; List of hazardous household stuff.
- Animal behavioral methods in neurotoxicity assessment: SGOMSEC joint report. Kulig, Beverly; Alleva, Enrico // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Apr96 Supplement 2, Vol. 104, p193
Examines the use of animal behavioral methods in neurotoxicity assessment. Rationale and background for including behavioral end points in neurotoxicity studies; Proposed strategies for identifying neurotoxic agents; Methods used in assessing the effects of chemicals on behavior; Advantages and...