BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- GalavisiÃ³n Mounts a Programming Counteroffensive. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p28
Reports the inauguration of Univision Communications Inc. of programming of Spanish-language show for its GalavisÃon cable network. Offer alternatives to Hispanic broadcast networks; Plan to expand cable penetration and distribution; Coverage of the 2002 FIFA World Cup soccer tournament.
- LURING VIEWERS. Whitefield, Mimi // Hispanic;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the launching of Spanish-language broadcast network TeleFutura by Univisi Ã³ n Communications Inc. on January 14, 2002. Goal of the network; Information on the network's competitor, Telemundo; Key to the success of Telefutura.
- NBCU Is Psyched About CIoo. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 31, p18
The article offers information on the new crime drama channel Cloo, operated by NBCUniversal LLC, which will replace the cable television channel Sleuth. Chris McCumber, co-president of USA Network, which oversees Cloo feels that marketing of the channel is aimed to lure young viewers. Details...
- Suits and Scripture Drive Cable's Quarter. KISSELL, RICK // Variety;4/9/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the success of cable television channel USA Network for the first quarter of 2013, with an average 3.07 million viewers in primetime.
- Hooked up. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p133
Presents news items related to cable television in the United States as of January 24, 2000. Includes appointment of Tim Brooks as senior vice president at Lifetime Television; Retransmission consent negotiations with satellite TV providers; USA Network Inc.'s acquisition of Precision Response...
- TeleFutura's Counter Play. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
Announces the launching of TeleFutura, the second broadcast cable network of Univision. Overview of the network's strategy; Movies that the network will be airing; Sports-themed programs of the network; Variety shows that the network will offer.
- Popular cable series seek Acad acclaim. Morfoot, Addie // Daily Variety;6/2/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 42, pA9
The article reports on the move of the basic cable channels, including USA Network, Lifetime Television, and the American Broadcasting Co., to enter the Emmy Awards in the U.S. Executive vice president of entertainment JoAnn Alfano of Lifetime mentions that they are taking the opportunity to put...
- Univision touts 2nd web, inks content. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;06/19/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p4
Reports on Univision's planned second cable network to debut in 2002. Programming deals with broadcasters RCN of Colombia and Radio Caracas Television (RCTV) of Venezuela; Broadcast of content from RCN and RCTV in Puerto Rico; Plans to counter program the new network against both the flagship...
- Global warmings. // Multichannel News;09/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p40
Reports on developments in cable television industry. Includes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil-based TV Globo's launching of a pay television channel; Miami, Florida-based Spanish language broadcaster Univision Communications Inc.'s plans of purchasing Gems Television; Germany-based Kirch Group's plans...