Japan Quake Shakes TV-Equipment Suppliers
- Quake Causes TV Tape Shortage. Giardina, Carolyn // Hollywood Reporter;4/1/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the closing of crucial Sony Corp.'s factories due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan have created a shortage of magnetic tape which is causing problems in the international television industry.
- A Case for 'Just in Case' Manufacturing. Koepfer, Chris // Production Machining;May2011, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on the struggle of manufacturers to bring back production in Japan amidst power shortages, physical damage to facilities and employee displacements which are caused by the earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011. It notes the report of Toyota Motor Corp. about the delay in...
- Will BIG TV do it for retailers? // Tech Trader;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the trends of large televisions (TVs) in the retail industry. It provides brief information large TVs including the Series 9, 75-inch light emitting diode (LED) Smart TV from Samsung Group, the 84-inch Bravia from Sony Corp., and the 84-inch 4K UD 3D TV from LG...
- Can Firms Without Center Technology Gain a Competitive Advantage? Case Study of Sony in the Flat Panel TV Industry. Yamazaki, Kiyohiro // Proceedings of the European Conference on Entrepreneurship & Inn;2010, p692
The purpose of this study is to examine how a firm without the center technology can gain a competitive advantage. This study examines the case study of Sony in the flat panel TV industry. Sony did not own the panel device factory and not make by itself, and procured it from external firms. In...
- Assessing the Economic Aftershocks of Japan's March 11 Earthquake. Murphy, R. Taggart // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;3/28/2011, Issue 13, p6
A review of the article "Assessing the Economic Aftershocks of Japan's March 11 Earthquake," by Stephen S. Roach is presented.
- National Funeral Directors Association Statement: Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;May2011, pA36
The article reports on the announcements by the members of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) on March 14, 2011 that they united with the world community to express heartfelt sympathies to the victims of the earthquake and tsunami which devastated Japan.
- When Buildings Crumble. // Newsweek;3/21/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p15
The article presents a photograph of a bookstore in Sendai, Japan sustaining damage as an earthquake strikes in March, 2011.
- What the Waters Left Behind. // Newsweek;3/21/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p16
The article briefly discusses the aftermath of an earthquake and tsunami in Japan and presents a photograph of consequent destruction in the city of Rikuzentakata, Japan.
- Beyond the Nuclear Nightmare: Quake Takes a Daunting Toll. Rubin, Debra K.; Van Hampton, Tudor // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/28/2011, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p15
This article reports on the damage and fatalities caused by the Sendai earthquake and tsunami in Japan on March 11, 2011.